* Center-Aligment in column spans
@ 2013-04-16 12:40 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-04-16 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

my table is:

\starttext
\starttable[|l|l|l|]

\NC {\bf Methode} \VL {\bf Relevanz} \VL {\bf Bewertung} \SR

\HL \use{3} {\it Natürliche Methoden} \SR

\NC Klevirak \VL 5-6 \VL Toll \AR

\stoptable

\stoptext

I know want the spanning column with the entry "Natürliche Methoden" to
be aligned in the center ob the cell. Direct trys with
\startaligment[center] failed, who knows how?

Thanks
Huseyin

* Re: Center-Aligment in column spans
@ 2013-04-16 13:04 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-04-16 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 16.04.2013 um 14:40 schrieb H. Özoguz <h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de>:

> Hi,
>
> my table is:
>
> \starttext
> \starttable[|l|l|l|]
>
> \NC {\bf Methode} \VL {\bf Relevanz} \VL {\bf Bewertung} \SR
>
> \HL \use{3} {\it Natürliche Methoden} \SR
>
> \NC Klevirak \VL 5-6 \VL Toll \AR
>
> \stoptable
>
> \stoptext
>

> I know want the spanning column with the entry "Natürliche Methoden" to be aligned in the center ob the cell. Direct trys with \startaligment[center] failed, who knows how?

\starttext

\starttable[|l|l|l|]
\NC \bf Methode \VL \bf Relevanz \VL \bf Bewertung \NC\AR
\HL
\NC \THREE\JustCenter \it Natürliche Methoden \NC\AR
\HL
\NC Klevirak \VL 5-6 \VL Toll \NC\AR
\stoptable

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Center-Aligment in column spans
@ 2013-04-16 16:31   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-04-16 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 16.04.2013 um 18:20 schrieb "H. Özoguz" <h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de>:

> Am 16.04.2013 17:41, schrieb ntg-context-request@ntg.nl:
>>> \starttext

>> > Thanks! And how to center the complete table on the page?
>
> Now I see that \JustCenter does not really center:
>
> \starttext
> \starttable[|l|c|l|]
> \NC {\bf Column 1} \VL {\bf Column 2} \VL {\bf Column 3} \SR
> \HL \THREE\JustCenter \it Natürliche Methoden \SR
> \NC First entry \VL short entry \VL looooooooooooooogn entry \AR
> \stoptable
> \stoptext
>
> You can see, that "Natürliche Methoden" is not correctly centered. For my purpose, it would be indeed not best to center it with respect to the complete row of the table, but with respect to the middle-column (second one) only. So that "Natürliche Methoden" is directly centered above "short entry". Howto?

The text isn’t centered in your example because you always miss tags.

1. You forgot the \NC before \AR and \SR.

2. You forgot the \NC at the begin of the second row.

3. You don’t need braces around \bf because style change are local to cells.

\starttext
\starttable[|l|c|l|]
\NC \bf Column 1 \VL \bf Column 2 \VL \bf Column 3 \NC\AR
\HL
\NC \THREE\JustCenter \it Natürliche Methoden \NC\AR
\NC First entry \VL short entry \VL looooooooooooooogn entry \NC\AR
\stoptable
\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Center-Aligment in column spans
       [not found] <mailman.450.1366126908.2084.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2013-04-16 16:20 ` "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-04-16 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

@ 2013-04-16 13:27 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-04-16 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 16.04.2013 um 15:13 schrieb H. Özoguz <h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de>:

>> \starttext
>>
>> \starttable[|l|l|l|]
>> \NC \bf Methode \VL \bf Relevanz \VL \bf Bewertung \NC\AR
>> \HL
>> \NC \THREE\JustCenter \it Natürliche Methoden \NC\AR
>> \HL
>> \NC Klevirak \VL 5-6 \VL Toll \NC\AR
>> \stoptable
>>
>> \stoptext
>>
>> Wolfgang
>
> Thanks! And how to center the complete table on the page?

\startplacetable[location={none,force}]
<TABLE>
\stopplacetable

or