* Localizing the bibliography
@ 2004-01-13 14:26 Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2004-01-13 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

as a follow-up to a request on it.comp.software.tex (ya know, I
managed to trick a couple of Italians in using ConTeXt ;)): the
m-bib module and companion files have a bunch of strings that
get inserted in the bibliography list; some of them are
localizable (e.g. the "and" or the "et.al."), others are not;
the idea would be that all the strings should be localizable;
a couple of nonparametrized strings that come to mind are
"pages" or "PhD thesis".

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: Localizing the bibliography
@ 2004-01-20  9:01 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2004-01-20  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Giuseppe,

These "words" are all part of the bibl-XXX.tex input files. The best
way to change them is to make a copy of one of these files and
make changes in the (renamed) copy. Different styles you different
"words" in different places, so full parameterisation would end up as
an open-ended system with a predefined (and fairly large) vocabulary.

That's why I choose the bibl-XXX.tex files instead. Making a copy and
editing that is quite easy, or so I thought. (the documentation should
do a better job of explaining this, though).

Greeting, Taco

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:26:36 +0100, Giuseppe wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> as a follow-up to a request on it.comp.software.tex (ya know, I
> managed to trick a couple of Italians in using ConTeXt ;)): the
> m-bib module and companion files have a bunch of strings that
> get inserted in the bibliography list; some of them are
> localizable (e.g. the "and" or the "et.al."), others are not;
> the idea would be that all the strings should be localizable;
> a couple of nonparametrized strings that come to mind are
> "pages" or "PhD thesis".
>
> --
> Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

groeten,

Taco

* Re[2]: Localizing the bibliography
@ 2004-01-20 10:12   ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2004-01-20 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tuesday, January 20, 2004 Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hi Giuseppe,

> These "words" are all part of the bibl-XXX.tex input files. The best
> way to change them is to make a copy of one of these files and
> make changes in the (renamed) copy. Different styles you different
> "words" in different places, so full parameterisation would end up as
> an open-ended system with a predefined (and fairly large) vocabulary.

> That's why I choose the bibl-XXX.tex files instead. Making a copy and
> editing that is quite easy, or so I thought. (the documentation should
> do a better job of explaining this, though).

Patching a copy of bibl--xxx was the alternative way I
suggested the guy with the problem. But I still think that at
least the most common strings should be language-parametrized
:)

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta