* two problems - vertical align
@ 2004-01-20 10:02 nn
From: nn @ 2004-01-20 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi,

I have two problems and I will be pleased if someone could help me.

I'm working on my final work for school and the first problem:

\title Abstrakt (in Czech)
\title Abstract (in English)

I need to have both of them on one page! (each about 10 lines of text)
but ConTeXt makes two pages :-)

-----

My second problem is that I have a page width about 10 lines of text where
I give thanks to everyone who participates on my work and I need that paragraph
align to the bottom of the page

I have tryed this:

\setupalign[bottom]

but nothing was happen :-(

I'm using Linux Debian and
This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-1.10b-2.1 (Web2C 7.4.5) (format=cont-en 2004.1.16)  20 JAN 2004 10:59
ConTeXt  ver: 2003.1.31  fmt: 2004.1.16  int: english  mes: english

thank you very much for your time!
Vitek

* Re: two problems - vertical align
@ 2004-01-20 10:49 ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2004-01-20 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 11:02:19AM +0100, nn@rtfm.cz wrote:
> I have two problems and I will be pleased if someone could help me.
> I'm working on my final work for school and the first problem:
>
> \title Abstrakt (in Czech)
> \title Abstract (in English)
> I need to have both of them on one page! (each about 10 lines of text)
> but ConTeXt makes two pages :-)

Define:
 \definehead[MyTitle][title]
 \setuphead [MyTitle][page=no,before={\blank[2*big]}]

(or other approriate values for blank, could even be 1cm or so) and
replace the second \title by \MyTitle.

> My second problem is that I have a page width about 10 lines of text where
> I give thanks to everyone who participates on my work and I need that paragraph
> align to the bottom of the page
>
> I have tryed this:
> \setupalign[bottom]
I don't know the ConTeXt way of doing it, but you could use

  \page
  \strut
  \vfill
  Text on the bottom of a page