* Re: help required w.r.t " vardef "
@ 2004-04-15  4:05 vinuth madinur
From: vinuth madinur @ 2004-04-15  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

 I'm sorry that I hadn't read the mail by Jonathan Nicholl.
Yeah, that was very clear and precise . thank u all.

But I still can't figure out how I can have the contents of variables or the expansion of "def" as suffixes.I now think it's not possible with "def".

I'll try out somethings now.
Thanks again.

Vinuth.

Powered by Outblaze

* Re: help required w.r.t " vardef "
@ 2004-04-15  3:40 vinuth madinur
From: vinuth madinur @ 2004-04-15  3:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Hans!
              That wolud help me a lot.Also thanks for the reference u mentioned.I'll try it.

Now one last thing :

 Is there a way of having variable arrays whose contents can be used as "suffixes"?

 something like ,

a[0]:= "A" ;
a[1]:= "B" ;
a[2]:= "C" ;   %a variable array "a[]"

there are other three "pair" variables : T.A,T.B,T.C;

so now I want to have ,

i := 0;
T.a[i] = blahblah();

so here I want to use the contents of "a[]" as suffix of variable " T " .

I don't know what kind of data type to use for "a[]".
I tried a[] as string type and used it with

 forsuffixes $=a[0],a[1],a[2]:
 endfor;
but this does not work.

So, can u please help me out here?
thanx in advance.

Vinuth.

Powered by Outblaze

* Re: help required w.r.t " vardef "
@ 2004-04-10  4:55 vinuth madinur
From: vinuth madinur @ 2004-04-10  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thankx Hans,

But why does this work with "def" and not with "vardef" . "list" is just a macro name i've used.

And "A,B,C,A" is just the replacement text I want when I call the macro "list".

Is there any other way of doing this?

Vinuth.