* vim syntax file for ConTeXt
@ 2004-04-14 19:47 Gour
From: Gour @ 2004-04-14 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

By lookin' at mailing lists' archive I saw several posts regarding Scite as
editor of choice for ConTeXt.

Since I'm using vim, I'd like to stay with it, so does someone have some
vim syntax file tailored for ConTeXt?

Any ConTeXt vim user?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Gour
gour@mail.inet.hr

* Re: vim syntax file for ConTeXt
@ 2004-04-15  2:22 ` John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2004-04-15  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday 14 April 2004 09:47 am, Gour wrote:
> By lookin' at mailing lists' archive I saw several posts
> regarding Scite as editor of choice for ConTeXt.
>
> Since I'm using vim, I'd like to stay with it, so does
> someone have some vim syntax file tailored for ConTeXt?
>
> Any ConTeXt vim user?
>
> Sincerely,
> Gour

I just use the generic TeX syntax file.  It works well
enough to satisfy me. I have programmed the F5 key to wite
out the current file and texexec a file called "book.tex."
F3 fires up Xpdf for "book.pdf." As you may know Xpdf can
update on the fly when the file being viewed is changed
without losing the page location. this combination gives me
semi-wsywig without ever leaving Gvim.
--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers

* Re: vim syntax file for ConTeXt
@ 2004-04-15 19:06   ` Gour
From: Gour @ 2004-04-15 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Culleton (john@wexfordpress.com) wrote:

> I just use the generic TeX syntax file.  It works well
> enough to satisfy me. I have programmed the F5 key to wite
> out the current file and texexec a file called "book.tex."
> F3 fires up Xpdf for "book.pdf." As you may know Xpdf can
> update on the fly when the file being viewed is changed
> without losing the page location. this combination gives me
> semi-wsywig without ever leaving Gvim.

Today I got a reply on comp.text.tex that there was some context.vim file
circulating around in the past. Are you aware of it?

It would be nice to take more advantage of vim capabilities, isn't it?

Sincerely,
Gour