* verbatim problem
@ 2004-04-22 18:59 Severin Obertüfer
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Severin Obertüfer @ 2004-04-22 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

hello

i have a little verbatim problem

i used the \startEIFFEL \stopEIFFEL verbatim environment in a verry simple
way like this:

\startEIFFEL
class
    DEQUE [G]

    inherit
        DOUBLE_LINKED_LIST[G]
        rename
            extend as insertRight,
            prepend as insertLeft
        end
create
    make, make_empty

feature -- Access

    -- and so on

\stopEIFFEL

now i wanted to make this things a bit more useful and flexible.

i thougt of something like this

\startEIFFEL
    \input deque
\stopEIFFEL

but of corse the keyword input is normal text in verbatim mode... :)
is there a simple solution for that, for example like this

\startEIFFEL
\specialcommand{\input deque}
\stopEIFFEL
???

by the way : can i give as to the inputcommand a argument like this:

\input D:\Files\ETH\Eiffel\deque.e

where "deque.e" is a normal eiffel source file....

thanks for an answer

mfg

severin

* Re: verbatim problem
@ 2004-04-22 19:51 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2004-04-22 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Did you think of putting the information into a buffer and put the
contents in your document with \typebuffer?

Kind regards Willi

Severin Obertüfer wrote:

> hello
>
> i have a little verbatim problem
>
> i used the \startEIFFEL \stopEIFFEL verbatim environment in a verry simple
> way like this:
>
> \startEIFFEL
> class
>     DEQUE [G]
>
>     inherit
>         DOUBLE_LINKED_LIST[G]
>         rename
>             extend as insertRight,
>             prepend as insertLeft
>         end
> create
>     make, make_empty
>
> feature -- Access
>
>     -- and so on
>
> \stopEIFFEL
>
> now i wanted to make this things a bit more useful and flexible.
>
> i thougt of something like this
>
> \startEIFFEL
>     \input deque
> \stopEIFFEL
>
> but of corse the keyword input is normal text in verbatim mode... :)
> is there a simple solution for that, for example like this
>
> \startEIFFEL
> \specialcommand{\input deque}
> \stopEIFFEL
> ???
>
> by the way : can i give as to the inputcommand a argument like this:
>
> \input D:\Files\ETH\Eiffel\deque.e
>
> where "deque.e" is a normal eiffel source file....
>
> thanks for an answer
>
> mfg
>
> severin

* AW: verbatim problem
@ 2004-04-22 20:02   ` Severin Obertüfer
From: Severin Obertüfer @ 2004-04-22 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi,

Yes, exacly something like that.

for example

\startbuffer [deque]
class
     DEQUE [G]

 	  inherit
         DOUBLE_LINKED_LIST[G]
         rename
             extend as insertRight,
             prepend as insertLeft
         end
\stopbuffer

\startEIFFEL
	\typebuffer[deque]
\stopEIFFEL

greetings

severin

> Kind regards Willi
>
> Severin Obertüfer wrote:
>
> > hello
> >
> > i have a little verbatim problem
> >
> > i used the \startEIFFEL \stopEIFFEL verbatim environment in a verry
> > simple way like this:
> >
> > \startEIFFEL
> > class
> >     DEQUE [G]
> >
> >     inherit
> >         DOUBLE_LINKED_LIST[G]
> >         rename
> >             extend as insertRight,
> >             prepend as insertLeft
> >         end
> > create
> >     make, make_empty
> >
> > feature -- Access
> >
> >     -- and so on
> >
> > \stopEIFFEL
> >
> > now i wanted to make this things a bit more useful and flexible.
> >
> > i thougt of something like this
> >
> > \startEIFFEL
> >     \input deque
> > \stopEIFFEL
> >
> > but of corse the keyword input is normal text in verbatim
> mode... :)
> > is there a simple solution for that, for example like this
> >
> > \startEIFFEL
> > \specialcommand{\input deque}
> > \stopEIFFEL
> > ???
> >
> > by the way : can i give as to the inputcommand a argument like this:
> >
> > \input D:\Files\ETH\Eiffel\deque.e
> >
> > where "deque.e" is a normal eiffel source file....
> >
> > thanks for an answer
> >
> > mfg
> >
> > severin

* Re: verbatim problem
@ 2004-04-22 20:43 ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2004-04-22 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Severin Obertüfer wrote:

> <> i have a little verbatim problem  <>

> <>now i wanted to make this things a bit more useful and flexible.

> i thougt of something like this

> <>\startEIFFEL
>     \input deque
> \stopEIFFEL
> but of corse the keyword input is normal text in verbatim mode... :)
> is there a simple solution for that, for example like this

I use:
  \typefile[TEX]{bar.tex}
sucessfully, therefore
  \typefile[EIFEL]{deque.e}
should work.

Regards,

Tobias

* Re: AW: verbatim problem
@ 2004-04-22 20:46     ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2004-04-22 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello again,

Severin Obertüfer wrote:

>>Did you think of putting the information into a buffer and
>>put the contents in your document with \typebuffer?
>>

>\startbuffer [deque]
>[...]
>\stopbuffer
>
>\startEIFFEL
>	\typebuffer[deque]
>\stopEIFFEL

I thought you ment a file, for a buffer one can use, analogously,
  \typebuffer[EIFFEL][deque]

Regards,

Tobias

* Re: verbatim problem
@ 2004-04-27 13:29   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2004-04-27 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

may be I do not get it correctly, but there is a command \startlines ...
\stoplines.

Willi

John Culleton wrote:

> On Thursday 22 April 2004 08:59 am, Severin Obertüfer wrote:
>
>>hello
>>
>>i have a little verbatim problem
>>
>>i used the \startEIFFEL \stopEIFFEL verbatim environment
>>in a verry simple way like this:
>

> Similarly I needed to have the program obey line breaks as
> in \obeylines but interpet the lines (font changes etc.) in
> the usual way. I did not want space left between lines.
> Neither the plain TeX nor the Context solutions fit this
> purpose exactly, but plain was closer. So I cobbled up this
> code:
> \def\startobey{\medskip\setupwhitespace[none]\obeylines}
> \def\stopobey{\setupwhitespace[small] \medskip}
>
> I start the section needing verbatim line endings with
> {\startobey
> .... and end it with
> \stopobey}
>
> I don't know if the braces are necessary but the TeXBook
> seems to imply such.
>
> My solution tends to ignore blank lines so I have to put a
> \medskip instead of a blank line.
>
> This is a terrible solution but the best I could come up
> with in a hurry. No doubt someone will suggest a better
> one.
>
> BTW whre is \startEIFFEL documented? I don't recall seeing
> it before.

* Re: verbatim problem
@ 2004-04-27 17:53 ` John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2004-04-27 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers

* Re: verbatim problem
@ 2004-04-28  0:25     ` John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2004-04-28  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday 27 April 2004 03:29 am, Willi Egger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> may be I do not get it correctly, but there is a command
> \startlines ... \stoplines.
>

> Willi

That is just what I needed. I did not get it correctly you
see.

--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers
http://wexfordpress.com

* AW: AW: verbatim problem
@ 2004-04-29 19:44       ` Severin Obertüfer
From: Severin Obertüfer @ 2004-04-29 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

thank you for your answers

the \typefile thing does work as expected, i can input my files directly
now.
\typefile[EIFFEL]{single_linked_list_cell.e}

\typebuffer does only work when i use it like this
\typebuffer[deque]

if I juse \typebuffer[EIFFEL][deque] instead the following text appears in
the resulting pdf-file "[file tmp-EIFFEL.tmp does not exist]"...

but that what i expected to do is possible with the \tpyefile command.

gruss

severin

* AW: verbatim problem
@ 2004-04-29 19:55   ` Severin Obertüfer
From: Severin Obertüfer @ 2004-04-29 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi
there is the file "verb-eif.tex" in "texmf/tex/context/base" (under miktex)
otherwise i found no other documentation...

severin