(I believe this is the same bug I reported on December 6, with additional information.) I'm using context (from TL 2003) to select pages. It's apparently actually changing the content, that is, enlarging it! Consider page 2 of the attached covers.pdf. I try to extract it with: texexec --mode=letter --pdfselect --selection=2 --result=bad2.pdf covers.pdf The result is the attached bad2.pdf. If you view at, say, 100% ("fit to page" will eradicate the difference) and compare to the original page 2, the fonts appear larger and everything is moved to the right a bit, as if the page was magnified by some small proportion. The same thing happens with page 4 and with other files I have tried. I tried removing the --mode=letter, it made no difference. Any help appreciated. Although gs can extract pages correctly, it loses the searchable text, while context preserves it, so I'd rather use the latter. :). Thanks, k