From: Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
Subject: Re: mbib installation
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:00:45 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

Short answer:

Leave them in the directory where your input files are.

Long answer:

The 'logical' place for the .TEX files would be

	<temf-root>/tex/context/user

And for the .BST files:

	<temf-root>/bibtex/bst/context

Both directories would need to be created if they do not exist.

<texmf-root> is a variable. You could use the main tree (/usr/share/texmf)
assuming you are root on your machine, or (better)  the 'local tree'
(probably  /usr/share/texmf-local), or even a private tree under  your home
directory ($HOME/texmf, handy if you have no rights on the machine).

After copying, you need to execute "mktexlsr" to make sure that
the search database is updated.

Greetings, Taco

However,

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:45:25 +0200, Jean wrote:

> Hello all,
> I am new on this list, trying these days to learn about context and
> considering switching from laTex to context.
> I have downloaded and unzipped the mbib package but not found *any*
> installation instructions, only some files plus a very brief README. So
> can anyone tell me what should I do with those.
> my TeX installation is teTeX
> TIA,
> --
> Jean Magnan de Bornier
> 3 Cours Victor Hugo, 13980 Alleins   France
> Tel: 04 90 59 33 94    Port: 06 09 17 35 87
> mèl: jm.bornier*at*free.fr

groeten,

Taco