* Re: trim pdf figures
       [not found]           ` <E1EE902A-D02E-11D8-A997-000A959EB894-EkmVulN54Sk@public.gmane.org>
@ 2004-07-08  8:54             ` Nigel King
From: Nigel King @ 2004-07-08  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> (I wish there was a way to command the epstopdf bit from within
>> Mathematica to automate the process further.)
>>

> I don't know anything about ConTeXt, but does \usepackage{epstopdf}
> work? (Or something similar?) You then don't need to worry about
> explicitly converting all the eps files, it's automated within the TeX
> process.

Alan, thanks for this-I didn't know. Unfortunately I don't think
ConTeXt includes this feature. But I will cross post to the ConTeXt
list to see.

Nigel

* Re: trim pdf figures
@ 2004-07-08  9:24               ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2004-07-08  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> I don't know anything about ConTeXt, but does \usepackage{epstopdf}
>> work? (Or something similar?) You then don't need to worry about
>> explicitly converting all the eps files, it's automated within the
>> TeX process.
> Alan, thanks for this-I didn't know. Unfortunately I don't think
> ConTeXt includes this feature. But I will cross post to the ConTeXt
> list to see.

\usepackage is a LaTeX command that loads a LaTeX package and has
nothing to do with ConTeXt at all.

What do you like to achieve? Minimal working example!

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/

* Re: trim pdf figures
@ 2004-07-08  9:44                 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2004-07-08  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

epstopdf.sty runs (attemps to run)  the epstopdf executable 'inline'

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 11:24:14 +0200, Henning wrote:

> >> I don't know anything about ConTeXt, but does \usepackage{epstopdf}
> >> work? (Or something similar?) You then don't need to worry about
> >> explicitly converting all the eps files, it's automated within the
> >> TeX process.
> > Alan, thanks for this-I didn't know. Unfortunately I don't think
> > ConTeXt includes this feature. But I will cross post to the ConTeXt
> > list to see.
>
> \usepackage is a LaTeX command that loads a LaTeX package and has
> nothing to do with ConTeXt at all.
>
> What do you like to achieve? Minimal working example!
>
> Grüßlis vom Hraban!
> ---
> http://www.fiee.net/texnique/

groeten,

Taco

* Re: trim pdf figures
@ 2004-08-06 14:04                   ` Christopher Creutzig
From: Christopher Creutzig @ 2004-08-06 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> epstopdf.sty runs (attemps to run)  the epstopdf executable 'inline'

First shot (even untested, sorry):

\def\externalEPSfigure[#1]{%
   \immediate\write18{epstopdf #1}%
   \externalfigure[#1]%
}

How does a command make texexec/texutil invoke a command in case
\write18 has not been enabled?

regards,
	Christopher Creutzig

* Re: trim pdf figures
@ 2004-08-06 14:13                     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-08-06 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christopher Creutzig wrote:

> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>
>> epstopdf.sty runs (attemps to run)  the epstopdf executable 'inline'
>

> First shot (even untested, sorry):
>
> \def\externalEPSfigure[#1]{%
>   \immediate\write18{epstopdf #1}%
>   \externalfigure[#1]%
> }
>
> How does a command make texexec/texutil invoke a command in case
> \write18 has not been enabled?

\expanded{\installprogram{pstopdf \appliedfigurefullname}}

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE