From: Paulo Ney de Souza <desouza@Math.Berkeley.EDU>
Subject: Re: Best source of ConTeXt documentation?
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 12:30:55 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

    >From ntg-context-bounces@ntg.nl  Mon Aug  2 09:08:22 2004
    >From: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
    >Subject: Re: [NTG-context] Best source of ConTeXt documentation?
    >
    >- it would take a lot of effort to keep such a source code repository up
    >to date and in sync (else too many questions) with the pdf repositoty

If we are talking about examples, ones does not need to have the latest
manual and the latest source in sync. Just one copy of the manual (that
will eventually go old) and one copy of the source.

For example, the Calculator, mixing TeX and JavaScript

	http://www.tug.org/applications/pdftex/calculat.pdf

has NOT changed in many years now, so there is no problem maitaining the
PDF and the source in sync...

    >- we only publish documented sources

That is an important point ... and the only one I can give credit to,
but I still think the abundance of examples, even without documentation,
is better than the short of examples.

    >- i want to stimulate users to writ etheir own styles not to mimick
    >existing ones (i.e. avoid the 'all tex files look the same' problem)
    >so ... there are no hidden tricks (unless it would bother/confuse
    >users); and .. things like cover designs i wanna keep for myself if only
    >to avoid cutting and pasting
    >Hans

Hans: Imitation is indeed the truest form of flattery!

Paulo Ney