* ConTeXt and XML: entities and attributes
@ 2004-08-27 16:49 Michael Guravage
From: Michael Guravage @ 2004-08-27 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have two questions, both concerning typesetting XML with conTeXt. The first questioin is about how ConTeXt handles entity declarations and reference. The following bit of XML declares and references four parameter entities.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE TEI.2 PUBLIC "-//TEI P4//ELEMENTS TEI Lite XML ver. 1//EN"
                       "http://www.tei-c.org/Lite/DTD/teixlite.dtd"[
<!ENTITY % ISOlat1 SYSTEM 'http://www.tei-c.org/Entity_Sets/Unicode/iso-lat1.ent'> %ISOlat1;
<!ENTITY % ISOlat2 SYSTEM 'http://www.tei-c.org/Entity_Sets/Unicode/iso-lat2.ent'> %ISOlat2;
<!ENTITY % ISOnum SYSTEM 'http://www.tei-c.org/Entity_Sets/Unicode/iso-num.ent'> %ISOnum;
<!ENTITY % ISOpub SYSTEM 'http://www.tei-c.org/Entity_Sets/Unicode/iso-pub.ent'> %ISOpub;
<!ENTITY moe SYSTEM 'moe.xml'>
]>

ConTeXt does not typeset the declarations, but does typeset the references, i.e. the first line in the typeset result is:

%ISOlat1;%ISOlat2;%ISOnum;%ISOpub;

Has anyone seen this before, and has anyone an opinion how it should be fixed?

My second question concerns tag attributes. The following bit of XML code contains two catRef tags, each with two attributes:

<profileDesc>
  <textClass>
    <catRef scheme="period" target="early"/>
    <catRef scheme="Stooges" target="Moe Larry Curly"/>
  </textClass>
</profileDesc>

Can someone please suggest how I can process these and grab scheme and target attributes so that the final typeset result looks something like this:

Period: early
Stooges: Moe, Larry, Curly

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Michael Guravage
guravage@operamail.com

PS: The attatched file contains an example.