* Re: mmlprime.pdf by Hans Hagen
       [not found] <a06110442bd544389530a@[162.38.126.189]>
@ 2004-09-11 19:44 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-09-11 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for close reading. I corrected the things you mentioned but have
a few questions left:

(i cc to the context list)

% Quantifiers: I think having the quantified identifier in subscript
% is a very German notation.
% It changes on page 109, with a non-subscript x, but there still
% is a vertical bar where I would simply put a comma.

can you explain this a bit more, do we need an alternative representation?

(mathml completely  ignores  cultural aspects -)

% p. 35

% If prsubset means propersubset, then it looks like
% subset and notsubset have been exchanged respectively
% with prsubset and notprsubset.

I now have:

\def\MMLcSUBSET          #1#2{\MMLcset\subset}
\def\MMLcPRSUBSET        #1#2{\MMLcset\subseteq}
\def\MMLcNOTSUBSET       #1#2{\MMLcset{\not\subset}}
\def\MMLcNOTPRSUBSET     #1#2{\MMLcset{\not\subseteq}}

do you mean that i should swap these?

% p. 38

% The symbol for outer product more looks like a tensor product.

the mathml standard has no real examples and leaves much to guess, so
what do you expect to see (example)

% p. 56

%   A cardinality is visualized using vertical bars.
%   [But what exactly is meant with cardinality?]

% Are you serious when asking this question?

in the formal visualized math way, indeed; i wonder what the result
should look like, since the spec is fuzzy

% p. 137 sqq.

% Most symbols appear as a box with a question mark here.

that's because taco still has to finish his unicode math fonts ...

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Re: mmlprime.pdf by Hans Hagen
@ 2004-09-17  8:08   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2004-09-17  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 21:44:41 +0200, Hans wrote:

> % p. 137 sqq.
>
> % Most symbols appear as a box with a question mark here.
>
> that's because taco still has to finish his unicode math fonts ...

Yes, well ... don't hold your breath, I say.

The problem is not creating the actual glyphs, but creating the infrastructure.
I'm talking about TeX math font encodings, charlists and extensibles, macros for
use,  interweaving text fonts, font map entries, etc. My font (sources) in their
current form are all but unusable because of these problems.

--
groeten,

Taco