* XeTeX no longer working
@ 2004-10-26  7:55 Christopher Creutzig
From: Christopher Creutzig @ 2004-10-26  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Salvete,

  since mail directly to Adam Lindsay does not seem to get through (I
never got a reply, even when asking if it had got through, so I'm
assuming it didn't), sorry to everyone not interested in XeTeX.

  After upgrading to tetex beta, XeTeX 0.88, and ConTeXt 2004.10.07, I'm
suddenly running into problems:

\resetspecials
\defineoutput  [xetex]  [xtx]
\setupoutput[xetex]
\usetypescriptfile [type-xtx]
\definetypeface[Hoe][rm][serif][hoefler]  [default][encoding=unicode]
\setupbodyfont [Hoe,rm]%
\setupcolor[state=start]

\starttext
{\red test}
\stoptext

! Undefined control sequence.
\dostartrgbcolormode ...tring {\colorhexcomponent

{#1}\colorhexcomponent {#2...

\doexeccolorrgb ...ode \@@cl@@r \@@cl@@g \@@cl@@b
                                                   \or \or \or \or \or
\dosta...

\doexeccolorR ...!r \normalizeRGB \doexeccolorrgb
                                                   \else
\ifCMYKsupported \re...

\@@crred ->0R:1:0:0:
                     0:0
\dowithcolor ... \??cr \currentpalet #2\endcsname
                                                   \od \else \ifcsname
\??cr ...

\dodoglobalstartcolor ...m!colors 3\@@askedcolor }
                                                   \fi \fi
l.11 {\red
            test}

  Is there a newer version of XeTeX support available?  (spec-xtx.tex
from context/base, which is used, unfortunately only lists
"version=2004.*.*".)

  I believe the problem is in

\ifx\colorhexcomponent\undefined

     % this will be added to colo-hex.tex

\else

     % because we intercept the zero condition, the .23pt in 1.23pt will
disappea
r in the
     % ifcase zero part branch

     \def\colorhexcomponent#1%
       {\ifdim#1\points<.005\points

  Why is there an empty first branch in the if?

Regards,
	Christopher Creutzig

[parent not found: <417E2AF9.1030603@creutzig.de>]