* \typebuffer and tabs / specify code type
@ 2004-11-03 12:15 Eckhart Guthöhrlein
From: Eckhart Guthöhrlein @ 2004-11-03 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I'm using \typebuffer to typeset some metapost code. How can I tell it
to either ignore tabs or treat them like 1,2,3,... spaces, instead of
printing ^^I?
Another question: There has been a thread on telling \typebuffer what
type of code on this list some time ago, without a final solution. Is
there a switch to use metapost or whatever appropriate highlighting?

Greetings,
Eckhart

* Re: \typebuffer and tabs / specify code type
@ 2004-11-03 12:39 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-11-03 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eckhart Guthöhrlein wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using \typebuffer to typeset some metapost code. How can I tell it
> to either ignore tabs or treat them like 1,2,3,... spaces, instead of
> printing ^^I?
> Another question: There has been a thread on telling \typebuffer what
> type of code on this list some time ago, without a final solution. Is
> there a switch to use metapost or whatever appropriate highlighting?

\setuptyping[tab=on] % or off

\setuptyping[file][option=TEX]

and alike

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2004-11-03 13:19   ` Eckhart Guthöhrlein
From: Eckhart Guthöhrlein @ 2004-11-03 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 01:39:45PM +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Eckhart Guthöhrlein wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I'm using \typebuffer to typeset some metapost code. How can I tell it
> >to either ignore tabs or treat them like 1,2,3,... spaces, instead of
> >printing ^^I?
> >Another question: There has been a thread on telling \typebuffer what
> >type of code on this list some time ago, without a final solution. Is
> >there a switch to use metapost or whatever appropriate highlighting?
>
> \setuptyping[tab=on] % or off

That does not work here. Example file:

\starttext
	\startbuffer[ex]
		draw unitsquare scaled 1cm;
	\stopbuffer
%	\setuptype[tab=on]
%	\setuptype[tab=off]
%	\setuptyping[tab=on]
	\setuptyping[tab=off]
	\typebuffer[ex]
\stoptext

None of the \setuptyp* has any effect, I alwas get ^^I^^I for the two
tabs. I'm using

 TeXExec 5.0 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2004
ConTeXt  ver: 2004.10.28  fmt: 2004.11.3  int: english  mes: english

> \setuptyping[file][option=TEX]

\setuptyping[option=MP] works fine.

--

@ 2004-11-04 17:38     ` Eckhart Guthöhrlein
From: Eckhart Guthöhrlein @ 2004-11-04 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 02:19:19PM +0100, Eckhart Guthöhrlein wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 01:39:45PM +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
> > Eckhart Guthöhrlein wrote:
> > >Hi all,
> > >
> > >I'm using \typebuffer to typeset some metapost code. How can I tell it
> > >to either ignore tabs or treat them like 1,2,3,... spaces, instead of
> > >printing ^^I?
> > >Another question: There has been a thread on telling \typebuffer what
> > >type of code on this list some time ago, without a final solution. Is
> > >there a switch to use metapost or whatever appropriate highlighting?
> >
> > \setuptyping[tab=on] % or off
>
> That does not work here. Example file:
>
> \starttext
> 	\startbuffer[ex]
> 		draw unitsquare scaled 1cm;
> 	\stopbuffer
> %	\setuptype[tab=on]
> %	\setuptype[tab=off]
> %	\setuptyping[tab=on]
> 	\setuptyping[tab=off]
> 	\typebuffer[ex]
> \stoptext
>
> None of the \setuptyp* has any effect, I alwas get ^^I^^I for the two
> tabs.

I have furthermore observed that typing of files via \typefile as well
as \starttyping..\stoptyping are affected, opposed to \typebuffer.
\typefile and the typing environment do never print ^^I for a tab, but
either a space or several spaces, depending on the tab=on/off option.
This behavior is what I would like to have for \typebuffer, too. How to
do it?

--
Eckhart