* \placefigure bug
@ 2004-12-13 13:43 Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2004-12-13 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans,

The following gives me and undefined reference:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\starttext
A test of a figure, see \in {figure} [figa]

\placefigure [figa] {The caption} {\externalfigure [02.jpg]}
\stoptext
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

It only works correctly if both bracketed arguments to \placefigure
are supplied (I tested versions 2004.11.06 and 2004.12.06, but it probably
affects other versions as well).

Greetings, Taco

* Re: \placefigure bug
@ 2004-12-13 16:15 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-12-13 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Hans,
> The following gives me and undefined reference:
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> \starttext
> A test of a figure, see \in {figure} [figa]
>
> \placefigure [figa] {The caption} {\externalfigure [02.jpg]}
> \stoptext
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> It only works correctly if both bracketed arguments to \placefigure
> are supplied (I tested versions 2004.11.06 and 2004.12.06, but it
> probably affects other versions as well).

the first [arg] is the directive location and such), so it's:

\placefigure [here] [figa] {The caption} {\externalfigure [02.jpg]}

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: \placefigure bug
@ 2004-12-13 16:39   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2004-12-13 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:15:27 +0100
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> > Hans,
> > The following gives me and undefined reference:
> >
> > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> > \starttext
> > A test of a figure, see \in {figure} [figa]
> >
> > \placefigure [figa] {The caption} {\externalfigure [02.jpg]}
> > \stoptext
> > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> >
> > It only works correctly if both bracketed arguments to \placefigure
> > are supplied (I tested versions 2004.11.06 and 2004.12.06, but it
> > probably affects other versions as well).
>
> the first [arg] is the directive location and such), so it's:
>
> \placefigure [here] [figa] {The caption} {\externalfigure [02.jpg]}

I know this, but I was not worried about placement, I only wanted a working
figure reference. The actual author-supplied example that I was trying
to typeset was this:

%% <grin>
Dat uitbundig fontgebruik niet van onze tijd is, toont de meer dan honderd
jaar oude voorpagina in \in {figuur} [fig:font:1].

\placefigure
  [fig:font:1]
  {Een voorpagina.}
  {\externalfigure[scan-2.jpg]}
%% </grin>

If that was incorrect, then I'll happily shift from 'bug' to 'feature request'
on the spot :-) That input looks perfectly sensible to me.

Greetings, Taco

* Re: \placefigure bug
@ 2004-12-13 17:31     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-12-13 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> %% <grin>
> Dat uitbundig fontgebruik niet van onze tijd is, toont de meer dan honderd
> jaar oude voorpagina in \in {figuur} [fig:font:1].
>
> \placefigure
>   [fig:font:1]
>   {Een voorpagina.}
>   {\externalfigure[scan-2.jpg]}
> %% </grin>

ok, you got me, i made an error there -)

> If that was incorrect, then I'll happily shift from 'bug' to 'feature request'
> on the spot :-) That input looks perfectly sensible to me.

sure, but it's hard to distunguish between [here] as directive and [here] as
reference -)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl