* \setuppagenumbering
@ 2005-01-15 12:11 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2005-01-15 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

After downloading the latest release, after updating the pdfetex
binaries, making the engines running again ...

	This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.20a-2.2 (Web2c 7.5.3)
	ConTeXt  ver: 2005.01.13  fmt: 2005.1.15  int: english  mes:
	english

I need to use \setuppagenumbering[way=bychapter] According to the new
syntax given in TeXshow it is now \setuppagenumbering[way=bycd:chapter]

Unortunately this results in the following message:

! Missing \endcsname inserted.
<to be read again>
                    \@@bybycd:chapter
<argument> ...stringelse .\csname \currentsection
                                                   \c!number \endcsname
\@@@i...

\expanded ...\long \xdef \@@expanded {\noexpand #1
                                                   }\@@expanded
\p!doifinstringelse ...{\pp!doifinstringelse #2#1}
                                                   @@\war
\dodoifinstringelse ...tringelse \@@@instring {#1}
                                                   \@EA
\firstoftwoarguments ...

\dodochecknummer ...up \doifinstringelse {.0}{.#2}
                                                    {\doifnot {#3}\v!by
{\set...
l.13 ^^I\chapter[Ch-Test]{Test}

See also the attached minimal testfile bycd.tex

Am I missing something?

Kind regards Willi

[-- Attachment #2: bycd.tex --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 192 bytes --]

% Bug?
% CONTEXT file
% filename: bycd.tex
% Willi Egger
% 15-01-2005

\setuppagenumbering[way=bycd:chapter]

\starttext
\dorecurse{3}[%
	\chapter[Ch-Test]{Test}

		\input tufte
}
\stoptext

* Re: \setuppagenumbering
@ 2005-01-15 15:28 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-01-15 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Willi Egger wrote:
> Hi
>
> After downloading the latest release, after updating the pdfetex
> binaries, making the engines running again ...
>
>     This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.20a-2.2 (Web2c 7.5.3)
>     ConTeXt  ver: 2005.01.13  fmt: 2005.1.15  int: english  mes:
>     english
>
> I need to use \setuppagenumbering[way=bychapter] According to the new
> syntax given in TeXshow it is now \setuppagenumbering[way=bycd:chapter]

> Am I missing something?

It is a bug in the new TeXshow, but of course you figured that out
already ;-)

Greetings, Taco

* dictionary for TeX,/ConTeXt
@ 2005-01-15 17:02   ` Ciro A. Soto
From: Ciro A. Soto @ 2005-01-15 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
I would like to know what is the best way to
check spelling in a TeX-prepared document.
I could use ispell (linux/unix), but I wonder
if there is a better way with OpenOffice, or
other package. Besides, ispell wouldn't check
my spanish words like "Am\'erica" because of the
accent.

In the same lines, is there any grammar checker?

thank you
Ciro

=====
==================
Ciro A. Soto
"All problems are at the interface. Each one of them has a solution."

* Re: dictionary for TeX,/ConTeXt
@ 2005-01-15 17:26     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2005-01-15 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ciro A. Soto wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to know what is the best way to
> check spelling in a TeX-prepared document.
> I could use ispell (linux/unix), but I wonder
> if there is a better way with OpenOffice, or
> other package. Besides, ispell wouldn't check
> my spanish words like "Am\'erica" because of the
> accent.

You can use \enableregime[utf] and write your documents in unicode with
all the accents instead. I sometimes used the spellchecker inside
WinEDT, but I'm no expert in that field. Open office is somehow
inappropriate for writing plain text documents, although I use it
sometimes as spellchecker too.

Mojca

* Re: dictionary for TeX,/ConTeXt
@ 2005-01-15 23:05     ` Nikolai Weibull
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2005-01-15 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Ciro A. Soto (Jan 15, 2005 18:10):
> Hello, I would like to know what is the best way to check spelling in
> a TeX-prepared document.  I could use ispell (linux/unix), but I
> wonder if there is a better way with OpenOffice, or other package.
> Besides, ispell wouldn't check my spanish words like "Am\'erica"
> because of the accent.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm guessing aspell [1] may be your solution,
	nikolai

[1] http://aspell.sourceforge.net/

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::

* Re: dictionary for TeX,/ConTeXt
@ 2005-01-17 21:45   ` Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-01-17 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

> It has nothing to do with keyboard, only with the software use use.
> But, hmmm, see ... http://www.winedt.org/poll.php

> Unicode support is one of the "which features do you miss most?", so it
> doesn't really look promising, at least not yet.

Ok, I voted, but I actually corresponded with the developer (Alex) a few
months ago and this is what he said:
========================
I am afraid that UNICODE will not be supported just yet. In part,
because I am overwhelmed with feature requests (including requests
for Linux versions) and I just cannot keep up with it - WinEdt is
still a one-programmer project. The other reason is that Delphi 7
still does not support UNICODE in its controls (VCL) and that would
require quite some low level programming or shopping for third party
unicode compatible VCL extensions. Finally, the request for UNICODE
among WinEdt users at the moment is still moderate and since
implementation is non-trivial and requires a lot of testing it is
not top priority.

If/when I embark on a new major version of WinEdt I'll take UNICODE
and BiDi support into design consideration from start. Right now it
would be a lot of patching and more problems that I can handle. But
I would like to rewrite WinEdt and fix the problems that were
inherited from the original design (from 1993) when computers were
slow, memory was low and Windows 3.1 crashed regularly...
========================

> vim supports UTF (I have problems typing UTF under windows) and most
> advanced text editors should support it also; I use scite for
> (Con)TeX(t) in unicode recently. I've just found
> http://dev.remotenetworktechnology.com/SciTE/WordCheck.vbs.txt on
> internet, which is probably exactly the thing Ciro was looking for, but
> I wasn't able to execute it, maybe I have some programs missing.

In any case, I don't think there is any Unicode/bidi editor better than
UniPad

http://www.unipad.org/main/

Absolutely no TeX-friendly features, so I now edit my Arabic in UniPad and
do TeX in WinEdt. In particular, UniPad (Unicode 4.0 compliant)

(1) handles virtually all accents and diacritics (whereas most editors
with some unicode/bidi support do not support all needed Arabic accents);
and

(2) implements these in a most innovative/friendly one-dimensional
fashion, (unlike all others, in which it is a pain to edit accents and
diacritics--due to their 2-dimensional nature);

I mention this in detail because if the scite people decide to implement
some unicode support, then UniPad is the best paradigm to look at,
particularly for bidi and Arabic accents. If Hans or anyone else has
influence with the Scite developers, please pass this on, and I'll be
happy to help anyone interested in the Arabic aspects of bidi-unicode
implementation (testing, etc.).

Best
Idris

--
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy

* Re: dictionary for TeX,/ConTeXt
@ 2005-01-17  0:14 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2005-01-17  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

ishamid wrote:

> I use WinEdt too, but how do you directly type unicode? Or is it a keyboard
> thing?

It has nothing to do with keyboard, only with the software use use.
But, hmmm, see ... http://www.winedt.org/poll.php

Unicode support is one of the "which features do you miss most?", so it
doesn't really look promising, at least not yet.

(I actually used LaTeX & \usepackage[cp1250]{inputenc} and typeset in
windows-1250 at the time I used WinEDT. I don't have it installed any
more. But if everything else fails, you can still use recode -
http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/recode/.)

vim supports UTF (I have problems typing UTF under windows) and most
advanced text editors should support it also; I use scite for
(Con)TeX(t) in unicode recently. I've just found
http://dev.remotenetworktechnology.com/SciTE/WordCheck.vbs.txt on
internet, which is probably exactly the thing Ciro was looking for, but
I wasn't able to execute it, maybe I have some programs missing.

(Line: 49, Error: Object not a collection)

If anyone else succeeds to enable it, please report about your success.

Aspell is of course another possibility (thanks, Nikolai). This is what
you have to add to SciTEUser.properties:

command.name.1.*=Aspell
# Change path appropriately...
command.1.*="C:\PATH\Aspell.exe" -c $(FileDir)\$(FileNameExt)
command.subsystem.1.*=2

Mojca

* RE: dictionary for TeX,/ConTeXt
@ 2005-01-15 18:18 ishamid