* Re: texshow and kpsewhich
       [not found] ` <20050128175258.GB2747@dbs.uni-hannover.de>
@ 2005-01-28 18:20   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-01-28 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt list, tetex-pretest

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Thomas Esser wrote:

> > to get texshow working with teTeX-2.99.10.20050123-beta, I needed to add
> > CONTEXTINPUTS = .;$TEXMF/tex/context//
> > to texmf.cnf
>
> No, that sounds like texshow is using the wrong search path
>   --format='other ... files' --progname=context
> where it should better have been
>   --format=.tex --progname=context
>
> Please, report this to Hans Hagen. It would be great to see a fix in
> one of the next days.

Since texshow is looking for xml-files, wouldn't it be better to say
--format=.xml ?

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: texshow and kpsewhich
@ 2005-01-28 18:31     ` Thomas Esser
From: Thomas Esser @ 2005-01-28 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: tetex-pretest, ConTeXt list

> Since texshow is looking for xml-files, wouldn't it be better to say
> --format=.xml ?

Don't make guesses like this. The file is stored in a tex inputs path
/texmf/tex// and kpathsea and tds do not know anything about xml.

Thomas