From: Piotr Kopszak <kopszak@mnw.art.pl>
Subject: Re: Re: page on context and XML has moved
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 10:51:44 +0200	[thread overview]

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 01:09:07PM -0400, Paul Tremblay wrote:

> It is true that originally this was designed just for LaTeX. But I
> became a developer and changed the code so that it will work under
> ConTeXt. I even provided a script that will convert TeXML directly from
> XML to PDF or other print formats. The name of this script is texml_con.
> It is only available on CVS right now, but I should make it available as
> a package sometime later today.
>
> I will have to aske the administrator of the sourceforge site to update
> the webpage so that it mentions ConTeXt as well.
>
> I provide myriads of examples on the webpages in TeXML format. Running
> the TeXML script on any of these codes will change the documents to
> valid ConTeXt.
>
> Paul

That's very  promising indeed. Right now I'm  transforming my original
xml  using xslt  to  a simpler  xml  file which  can  be processed  in
document  order to  make the  ConTeXt file  containing  xml formatting
commands as simple as possible. It would be nice to end up with an xml
file which would  contain all the formatting information  and make the
ConTeXt file unnecessary. But I'm afraid of two things:

1. XSLT transformations  will get  so complex I  will get lost  in the
   stylesheet at some point.

2. How the final  finetuning of the appearence of  the typeset version
   should be done? Surely not by fiddling in the xml file which should
   be generated by xslt (or  whatever) and I'm not sure making changes
   in  the xslt  stylesheet to  make some  pages one  line  shorter or
   longer is the  way to go.

Piotr

--
   Piotr Kopszak, Ph.D.
   Polish Art Gallery, National Museum in Warsaw