* Using fonts of an existing TeX-Installation
@ 2005-05-03 19:25 Tobias Hilbricht
From: Tobias Hilbricht @ 2005-05-03 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear readers of this list,
I have a working recent (La)TeX and ConTeXt installation. I have added several
commercial PostScript fonts and can use them with (La)TeX. The font files of
those fonts are in   directories under texmf-local/fonts (afm, tfm, vf,
type1), that is, as suggested by TeXFont manual for ConTeXt.
However,  following the TeXFont manual for ConTeXt, do I have to reinstall
them from scratch for ConTeXt starting with the pfb- and afm-files from
texmf-local/fonts/source, or can I use the already distributed pfb- and
afm-files? Does a reinstallation interfer with the existing font installation
for (La)TeX?

Thanks for helpful hints in advance

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht

--
Dr. Tobias Hilbricht
Linopus Satz und Grafik

* Re: Using fonts of an existing TeX-Installation
@ 2005-05-05 21:26 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2005-05-05 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Thomas,

[...]

>  following the TeXFont manual for ConTeXt, do I have to reinstall
> them from scratch for ConTeXt starting with the pfb- and afm-files from
> texmf-local/fonts/source, or can I use the already distributed pfb- and
> afm-files?

Yes, as I already answered on the german tex-d-l mailing list. Did you
try my suggestion to add a typescript and just use the fonts?

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: Using fonts of an existing TeX-Installation
@ 2005-05-05 21:42   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2005-05-05 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hello Thomas,

Tobias, sorry. It is too late for me...