* hook TABLE
@ 2005-05-10 17:01 Eckhart Guthöhrlein
From: Eckhart Guthöhrlein @ 2005-05-10 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have tried to use Hans' recent tip concerning hooks for TABLE entries
in oder to increase the horizontal separation of cells. Here is what I
currently have:

\newdimen\TabCol\Sep
\TabColSep6pt
\def\TBLcharalign#1#2{%
  \hskip\TabColSep\relax
  \framed[align=right,frame=off,rulethickness=0mm,offset=0mm,strut=yes]{#2}%
  \hbox to\TabColSep{\hss}%
  }

This works - kind of, at least the horizontal cell separation is
increased. Unfortunately, vertical spacing between rows is also
affected.
I had to introduce the \framed in order to treat multi-line entries, and
the strut in order to ensure correct vertical alignment in the row.
Now, my call for help: Does anybody have an idea how to control
horizontal spacing without changing the inter-row space?

Thanks,
--
Eckhart

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-05-10 17:01 UTC | newest]