* Hanging punctuation again.
@ 2005-05-14 19:10 John R. Culleton
From: John R. Culleton @ 2005-05-14 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is the  the following kosher?

\usetypescript [serif,sans,mono] [hanging] [thanh]
\usetypescriptfile[type-enc]
  \usetypescript [adobekb] [8r]
  \usetypescript [palatino][8r]
\setupalign[hanging][thanh]
  \setupbodyfont
    [palatino,12pt]

I want optical alignment for all body text.
--

John Culleton
The answers to all your publishing questions are found

* Re: Hanging punctuation again.
@ 2005-05-16 20:10   ` Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-05-16 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 16 May 2005 19:41:17 +0200, Vit Zyka <vit.zyka@seznam.cz> wrote:

> Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:

> Hmmm, I was playing with this, for Palatino it is OK, but not for the
> Computer Modern (see the code bellow). I do not know where is the
> problem; I solved it for myself manually (if you are interesting see
> storm manual).

Computer/Latin modern needs special treatment. The following should work
(If not, I'll forward some working files from home later)

Best
Idris

\setupoutput[pdftex]%

\setupfontsynonym[cmr10][handling=normal]
\usetypescript[cmr]
\setupbodyfont[10pt]
\setupalign[hanging]

\setuplayout[width=4.2in]

\showframe
\starttext

   \dorecurse{40}{testing, testing test- }
\stoptext

Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Re: Hanging punctuation again.
@ 2005-05-16 17:41 ` Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2005-05-16 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Isn't [thanh] obsolete? See hand-def.tex for details: I think you want
> [normal], which hangs puntuation ([pure]), the Latin alphabet ([alpha]), and
> the rest of ascii characters ([extended]). Then you get full hanging. I tested
> palatino and the following works here:

Hmmm, I was playing with this, for Palatino it is OK, but not for the
Computer Modern (see the code bellow). I do not know where is the
problem; I solved it for myself manually (if you are interesting see
storm manual).

vit

-----
\setuplayout[width=6cm]
\showframe

\setupfonthandling [hz][min=80,max=80,step=10] % to see change!
\setupfonthandling [normal][left=1,right=1]
\setupfontsynonym [Serif][handling=normal]
%\usetypescript  [fourier][\defaultencoding]
%\setupbodyfont  [fourier,10pt]
\usetypescript  [modern][ec]
\setupbodyfont  [modern,10pt]
\setupalign     [hanging,hz]

\starttext
\input knuth

\vbox to6cm{\input knuth }
\stoptext

> \setupoutput[pdftex]%
>
> \usetypescriptfile[type-enc]
> \usetypescript [serif,sans,mono] [hanging] [normal]
> \usetypescript [adobekb] [8r]
> \usetypescript [palatino][8r]
> \setupalign    [hanging] % NOTE no second argument
> \setupbodyfont [palatino,12pt]
>
> \showframe
> \starttext
>
>    \dorecurse{40}{lots of hy\-phen\-a\-tion\hyphen\ }
>    \blank
>    \dorecurse{40}{testing, test; }
>

> \stoptext
>
> <ntg-context@ntg.nl> =====
>
>>Is the  the following kosher?
>>
>>\usetypescript [serif,sans,mono] [hanging] [thanh]
>>\usetypescriptfile[type-enc]
>> \usetypescript [adobekb] [8r]
>> \usetypescript [palatino][8r]
>>\setupalign[hanging][thanh]