* Necessary and optional comands for combinedcontent.
@ 2005-06-08  9:33 John R. Culleton
From: John R. Culleton @ 2005-06-08  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

There exist levels of commands:
\definecombinedlist
\setupcombinedlist

They seem to have similar options. Are both required? If I
define the list fully in \definecombinedlist what purpose does
\setupcombined list serve in the ordinary case of a Table of
Contents?

A related question: can I place all the necessary parameters in
the \completecontent command and do without the other two
completely?
--

John Culleton

* Re: Necessary and optional comands for combinedcontent.
@ 2005-06-08 14:48   ` John R. Culleton
From: John R. Culleton @ 2005-06-08 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday 08 June 2005 05:16 pm, Stuart Jansen wrote:

> ConTeXt already has the content combinedlist defined. So yes, you can
> just use \completecontent[option=value]. \definecombinedlist is
> available so that you can define your own type of combinedlist in case
> the behavior of content does not match your needs.
>
> The \setupcommand and \command pairing is a standard ConTeXt idiom. A
> common usage is to define global behavior in the \setupcommand before
> \starttext and then apply local variations in the \command.  Of course,
> \setupcommand can usually be called at any time, for example to change
> behavior between part one and part two of a book.
>
> If you haven't already, I suggest looking at cont-eni.pdf for more
> information. I like to make simple test cases and play with commands to
> understand them better. Below is an example you could use if needed.

My copy of cont-enp.pdf is nearly worn out. But it does not
distinguish between necessary and optional. Hence my question. I
will try stuffing all the parameters into \completecontent and
see how far I get.

 TFYH

@ 2005-06-08 17:16 ` Stuart Jansen
From: Stuart Jansen @ 2005-06-08 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)