* Toward an errata sheet.
@ 2005-09-01 11:19 John R. Culleton
From: John R. Culleton @ 2005-09-01 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

I mentioned on comp.text.tex that my copy of _Context The Mamual_
was
a) tattered from use
b) annotated here and there with corrections based on posts from
this list.

Another party wanted to borrow my manual! I sent him my two
marginal annotations and redirected his attention to pragma-ade
but his request gave me an idea. Perhaps we all should exchange
annotations where there is a typo or other error we have
uncovered. It would be a kind of group errata sheet. To start
the ball rolling here are my two annotations:
p 148:change "head=nomarking" to "header=nomarking"

p 242: Modify example by adding opening brace prior to
\startcombination and closing brace after \stopombination:
{\startcombination
\stopcombination}

Obviously there are features that are covered elsewhere
or covered better elsewhere. That is not my immediate concern.
If we can just pool our marginal corrections it would be of mutual
benefit.

I use the English language manual in letter size format.
--
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers: