* context and circ
@ 2005-09-16  7:44 Alexander Lazic
From: Alexander Lazic @ 2005-09-16  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

i want to change to context but i need the circ package.
Is there a similar package for context?

I have try the following search in google:

http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=context+tex+circuit+diagrams&sourceid=opera&num=50&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Have i oversee anything?

Thanx for your help ;-)

al ;-)

* Re: context and circ
@ 2005-09-16  8:04 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-09-16  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alexander Lazic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i want to change to context but i need the circ package.

Do you mean the package that is (incorrectly) archived
as macros/generic/diagrams/circ/ ?

> Is there a similar package for context?

I don't think so.

Circ looks fairly short and low-level, so it would probably not
be too hard to convert into a module. However, is circ the best
package for the job?  Are there Type1 versions of the fonts,
for instance?

Taco

* Re: context and circ
@ 2005-09-16  8:44   ` Alexander Lazic
From: Alexander Lazic @ 2005-09-16  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fre 16.09.2005 10:04, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>Do you mean the package that is (incorrectly) archived as
>macros/generic/diagrams/circ/ ?

Yes.

>Circ looks fairly short and low-level, so it would probably not be too
>hard to convert into a module. However, is circ the best package for
>the job?  Are there Type1 versions of the fonts, for instance?

I think here are some packages for circuit diagrams.
Know anybody a package witch i can use easily with context?

What do you mean with:

'... not be too hard to convert ...'

i'am worked with latex in a high level way.
I don't know to many about 'plain TeX', sorry.

al ;-)

* Re: context and circ
@ 2005-09-16  9:36     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-09-16  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Alexander,

Alexander Lazic wrote:

> I think here are some packages for circuit diagrams.
> Know anybody a package witch i can use easily with context?

Dwight Aplevich's package (circuit_macros) should work
with context because it is just an external tool generating
stand-alone graphics, in a number of tex-related formats.
After suitable processing, you can include the result as if
it is a 'normal' \externalfigure.

Also, makecirc is probably easy to adapt to context, because
it is not much more than a metapost library. That will require
a little bit of technical conversion work to convert the (small
bit of) included LaTeX into ConTeXt, but I wouldn't mind helping
with that.

Both systems have the advantage of not requiring bitmap fonts,
making them much better for use with pdf output.

ConTeXt cannot do circuits at the moment, so it makes sense to
help you set it up. That's why I made the remarks about circ.sty's
internals.

Cheers,

Taco

* Re: context and circ
@ 2005-09-16  9:53       ` Alexander Lazic
From: Alexander Lazic @ 2005-09-16  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

On Fre 16.09.2005 11:36, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>Dwight Aplevich's package (circuit_macros) should work with context
>because it is just an external tool generating stand-alone graphics, in
>a number of tex-related formats.  After suitable processing, you can
>include the result as if it is a 'normal' \externalfigure.

[good text nipped]

Thx for help will i look at the weekend to these solutions ;-)

I'll be back ;-)

al ;-)

* Re: context and circ
@ 2005-09-18 15:14         ` Alexander Lazic
From: Alexander Lazic @ 2005-09-18 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

On Fre 16.09.2005 11:53, Alexander Lazic wrote:
>On Fre 16.09.2005 11:36, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>>
>>Dwight Aplevich's package (circuit_macros) should work with context
>>because it is just an external tool generating stand-alone graphics,
>>in a number of tex-related formats.  After suitable processing, you
>>can include the result as if it is a 'normal' \externalfigure.
>
>I'll be back ;-)

I'am back ;-)

Thanx for the hint wit the circuit_macros, it was the solution which
used and it works great ;-))

al ;-)