* cyrillic font
@ 2006-01-13 13:59 Junod Antoine
From: Junod Antoine @ 2006-01-13 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello list,

I'm trying to write down some Russian-French vocabulary without any
success.

I've read the page about Russian in the wiki
(http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Russian). The examples are not working
for me and that's certainly a font problem (acroread say that to me).

How to know if the cm-super fonts are installed on my computer? I'm
using a tetex distribution (2.0.2). For information, I'm able to
output cyrillic with latex.

Thanks a lot for your help.
-AJ

* Re: cyrillic font
@ 2006-01-13 14:24 ` Richard Gabriel
From: Richard Gabriel @ 2006-01-13 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Antoine,

if you are able to typeset in cyrillic, it implies that you have *at lease some* cyrillic fonts installed. :-)
Could you please post here the error messages from the log (of some of your unsuccessful attempts) so we could see what happened?

-Richard

  _____

@ 2006-01-13 14:49   ` Junod Antoine
From: Junod Antoine @ 2006-01-13 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello list,

> if you are able to typeset in cyrillic, it implies that you have *at
> lease some* cyrillic fonts installed. :-) Could you please post here
> the error messages from the log (of some of your unsuccessful
> attempts) so we could see what happened?

In the .log file i've a warning:
Warning: pdfetex (file larm1000): Font larm1000 at 720 not found

And when I'm trying to open the .pdf, acroread says me "Could not find
a font in the Resources dictionary, using Helvetica instead." and then
"Cannot find or create the font 'Helvetica' [...]".

Where could I find other error messages if it's not enough?

My source file is:
\setupoutput[pdf]
\enableregime[utf]
\useencoding[cyr]

\definetypeface [russian]
  [rm] [serif] [computer-modern] [default] [encoding=t2a]

\setupbodyfont[russian]
\starttext
Мама и Папа % Some Russian characters
\stoptext