* Disappearing TOC.
@ 2006-03-07 15:45 John R. Culleton
From: John R. Culleton @ 2006-03-07 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a TOC for a newsletter created in the usual way. But if I
set it up for printing on my local printer then the TOC
disappears.

This works:
\setupoutput[pdftex]
\setuppapersize[letter][letter]

But this kills the TOC:
\setupoutput[pdftex]
\definepapersize[tabloid][width=11in,height=17in]
\setuppapersize[letter][tabloid]
\setuparranging[2UP,rotated,doublesided]

If it matters here is the TOC code:
\startcolumns[n=2]
\placecontent[level=section, alternative=c]
\stopcolumns

--
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers:

* Re: Disappearing TOC.
@ 2006-03-07 17:15 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2006-03-07 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi John,

I believe this has to do with the arranging! So run texexec without
arranging first. Check that the TOC is there.
Herafter run texexec again, this time with arranging and run it only once.

I hope this helps!

Willi

John R. Culleton wrote:

>I have a TOC for a newsletter created in the usual way. But if I
>set it up for printing on my local printer then the TOC
>disappears.
>
>This works:
>\setupoutput[pdftex]
>\setuppapersize[letter][letter]
>
>But this kills the TOC:
>\setupoutput[pdftex]
>\definepapersize[tabloid][width=11in,height=17in]
>\setuppapersize[letter][tabloid]
>\setuparranging[2UP,rotated,doublesided]
>
>If it matters here is the TOC code:
>\startcolumns[n=2]
>\placecontent[level=section, alternative=c]
>\stopcolumns

* Re: Disappearing TOC.
@ 2006-03-07 22:00   ` John R. Culleton
From: John R. Culleton @ 2006-03-07 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Willi Egger

On Tuesday 07 March 2006 12:15, Willi Egger wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I believe this has to do with the arranging! So run texexec without
> arranging first. Check that the TOC is there.
> Herafter run texexec again, this time with arranging and run it only once.
>
> I hope this helps!
>
> Willi

Bingo! I am so used to running e.g., plain tex twice to get the
TOC etc. to work that I did it automatically. Your rule works.
My bad habit didn't.

This is worth a note in the manual, if it is redone at some
future time.