* pdf document info fields
@ 2006-03-28 23:36 frantisek holop
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: frantisek holop @ 2006-03-28 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi there,

what is the rationale behind the "Creator" pdf field context sets?

for radnoti.tex i get:

Creator:        ConTeXt/user/radnoti.tex

-f
--
you can never get rid of a bad temper by losing it.

* Re: pdf document info fields
@ 2006-03-28 23:43 ` frantisek holop
From: frantisek holop @ 2006-03-28 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

hmm, on Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 01:36:21AM +0200, frantisek holop said that
> Creator:        ConTeXt/user/radnoti.tex

also, how can i set the "Subject" and "Keywords" fields?
\setupinteraction's role in this context is not documented
at all (what parameters it takes, etc) but author and title
seems to be working.

do i have to use the low level pdftex command \pdfinfo?
would that not conflict with the ConTeXt's Creator setting
routine?

-f
--
when all think alike, then no one is thinking.

* Re: pdf document info fields
@ 2006-03-29  8:00 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-03-29  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

frantisek holop wrote:
> hi there,
>

> what is the rationale behind the "Creator" pdf field context sets?
>
> for radnoti.tex i get:
>
> Creator:        ConTeXt/user/radnoti.tex

Created by a 'user' of 'ConTeXt' from the file 'radnoti'.

/Subject and /Keywords map to the "subtitle" and "keyword"
parameters of \setupinteraction, respectively.

Taco

* Re: pdf document info fields
@ 2006-03-29 10:52 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-03-29 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

frantisek holop wrote:
> hi there,
>

> what is the rationale behind the "Creator" pdf field context sets?
>
> for radnoti.tex i get:
>
> Creator:        ConTeXt/user/radnoti.tex

no rationale except that you can trace the pdf file back to the source

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: pdf document info fields
@ 2006-03-29 12:09   ` frantisek holop
From: frantisek holop @ 2006-03-29 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

hmm, on Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 12:52:29PM +0200, Hans Hagen said that
> > what is the rationale behind the "Creator" pdf field context sets?
> >
> > for radnoti.tex i get:
> >
> > Creator:        ConTeXt/user/radnoti.tex
> >
> no rationale except that you can trace the pdf file back to the source

i know this is really a non-issue, but wouldn't it make more sense
to put the context version here?  the source file name does not make
much sense esp. if the document consists of more documents...
and i find "user" pretty much useless also, can there be something else?

-f
--
prayers are always answered.  the answer is usually no.

* Re: pdf document info fields
@ 2006-03-29 13:24     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-03-29 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

frantisek holop wrote:
> hmm, on Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 12:52:29PM +0200, Hans Hagen said that
>
>>> what is the rationale behind the "Creator" pdf field context sets?
>>>
>>> for radnoti.tex i get:
>>>
>>> Creator:        ConTeXt/user/radnoti.tex
>>>

>> no rationale except that you can trace the pdf file back to the source
>>

> i know this is really a non-issue, but wouldn't it make more sense
> to put the context version here?  the source file name does not make
> much sense esp. if the document consists of more documents...
> and i find "user" pretty much useless also, can there be something else?

in acrobat, see documentproperties -> custom

ConTeXt.Version : ...

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: pdf document info fields
@ 2006-03-29 13:39       ` frantisek holop
From: frantisek holop @ 2006-03-29 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

hmm, on Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 03:24:39PM +0200, Hans Hagen said that
> frantisek holop wrote:
> > hmm, on Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 12:52:29PM +0200, Hans Hagen said that

> >> no rationale except that you can trace the pdf file back to the source
> >>

> > i know this is really a non-issue, but wouldn't it make more sense
> > to put the context version here?  the source file name does not make
> > much sense esp. if the document consists of more documents...
> > and i find "user" pretty much useless also, can there be something else?
> >
> in acrobat, see documentproperties -> custom
>
> ConTeXt.Version : ...

i must be blind: AR 6.0.3 windows XP SP2

document properties:
-description
-fonts
-security

where's custom?

but i don't normally use acrobat reader at all.
i use gv and/or xpdf.

i just thought that "Creator" is a perfectly logical place
to put the Context version into, the infor which is there
now is rather "academic" :)

-f
--
be sure not to start a tagline you can't finis

* Re: pdf document info fields
@ 2006-03-30 13:52   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2006-03-30 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/PDF_Bookmarks_and_Headers

> i must be blind: AR 6.0.3 windows XP SP2
>
> document properties:
> -description
> -fonts
> -security
>
> where's custom?

I have the following tabs in Adobe Acrobat 7 under Windows XP:
Description/Security/Fonts/Initial View/Custom/Advanced

But I have a feeling that "Creator" (in my version of Acrobat it's
written Application) usually really stands for the program (so ConTeXt
& version would be more appropriate to stand there).

Here it's written:

Application: ConTeXt/user/filename.tex (which doesn't really make much sense)
PDF producer: MikTeX pdfTeX-1.21a

Mojca