On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 06:12:30PM +0200, Jano Kula wrote: > [ "&emdash;" expected to be defined ] > > > Here is the hint - needs to be wikified now ... -) > > I can't resist to do so (that's why I need an explanation), cause as a > newbie I see the only weakness of the ConTeXt in the lack of documentation. > > Well, there is a lot of it, maybe there is too much of it spread all > over the different places (that's why wiki is here), maybe I'm not > familiar enough with ConTeXt yet, but as a long term user of LaTeX I'm > still quite confused after a week or so of browsing through the > documentation, trying to find out how the things work and how they are > related. Well, it took some time to understand LaTeX, too. I would buy > the book mentioned here immediatelly. > > These are not complaints, just another hint how to smooth starting with > ConTeXt. As I see the possibilities I become addicted ;) and I do > understand the developers have a lot of work with developing. > > Would anybody who suggests the wikifying mind the proper place to put it > in the wiki, if known? Or I shouldn't care and the administators tide it > up occasionally. As a newbie I might not to think of writing to wiki, > but better something than nothing, right? > > As the new one here, I can add some small examples as I learn and test > the things, what would be nice for the newcomers, if somebody > experienced would add to wiki an explanation of the documentations in > terms of user experience > > 1. "must read" > 2. how the things work (texexec, etc.) > 3. simple topics > 4. advanced features > > If I see the all-manuals page (http://www.pragma-ade.com/show-man.pdf) I > really don't know where to start. All the titles look so interesting! > Such overview could postpone the temptation to seek for advanced topic > and subsequently get lost, as in my case. (Might be only my fault.) Here the very same situation. My question boils down to Which document should I print, book bundle and read. (Reading the "wrong" manual is only "lost time", printing the wrong manual is waste of time AND materiaals ... ) > > Sorry for the desperade bigginer's notes, hope they help. To finish it > why I can't get these two (advanced) pages? > > http://www.pragma-ade.com/makeres.html > http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/xcorresp.pdf_Serial_Letters On which page were to broken links (404s) encountered? > > Looking forward to use ConTeXt, > > Jano Geert