* Quick Metapost question
@ 2006-04-26  9:25 Olivier
From: Olivier @ 2006-04-26  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I'm looking for an equivalent of \externalfigure[width=1mm]
but for \reuseMPgraphic. Something like
\reuseMPgraphic[width=1mm]{my-mp-drawing}

There is always the way of tracking the generated file and including it
with exernalfigure, but this is not very convenient since the numbering
is subject to change.

Is there an easy way to achieve rescaling of such Metapost figures?

Thanks,
Olivier

* Re: Quick Metapost question
@ 2006-04-26  9:45 ` Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-04-26  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Did you try \scale ? (Dunno if it works)...
http://texshow.contextgarden.net/ts.rb?lang=en&what=desc&if=en&cmd=scale

Olivier a écrit :

>Hi all,
>
>I'm looking for an equivalent of \externalfigure[width=1mm]
>but for \reuseMPgraphic. Something like
>\reuseMPgraphic[width=1mm]{my-mp-drawing}
>
>There is always the way of tracking the generated file and including it
>with exernalfigure, but this is not very convenient since the numbering
>is subject to change.
>
>Is there an easy way to achieve rescaling of such Metapost figures?
>
>Thanks,
>Olivier

* Re: Quick Metapost question
@ 2006-04-26 10:13   ` Olivier
From: Olivier @ 2006-04-26 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wouahhh! Great! I wasn't aware of these ones.

Many thanks,
Olivier

Quoting  "Renaud AUBIN" :
> -- was aubin@nibua-r.org on Apr 26, 2006 at 11:45:34 --

> Did you try \scale ? (Dunno if it works)...
> http://texshow.contextgarden.net/ts.rb?lang=en&what=desc&if=en&cmd=scale
>
> Olivier a écrit :
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I'm looking for an equivalent of \externalfigure[width=1mm]
> >but for \reuseMPgraphic. Something like
> >\reuseMPgraphic[width=1mm]{my-mp-drawing}
> >
> >There is always the way of tracking the generated file and including it
> >with exernalfigure, but this is not very convenient since the numbering
> >is subject to change.
> >
> >Is there an easy way to achieve rescaling of such Metapost figures?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Olivier

* Re: Quick Metapost question
@ 2006-04-26 10:34 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-04-26 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Olivier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for an equivalent of \externalfigure[width=1mm]
> but for \reuseMPgraphic. Something like
> \reuseMPgraphic[width=1mm]{my-mp-drawing}

\scale[width=1mm]{\reuseMPgraphic{my-mp-drawing}}
> There is always the way of tracking the generated file and including it
> with exernalfigure, but this is not very convenient since the numbering
> is subject to change.
>
> Is there an easy way to achieve rescaling of such Metapost figures?
>
> Thanks,
> Olivier

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Quick Metapost question
@ 2006-04-26 10:48   ` Olivier
From: Olivier @ 2006-04-26 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Quoting  "Hans Hagen" :
> -- was pragma@wxs.nl on Apr 26, 2006 at 12:34:38 --

> Olivier wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm looking for an equivalent of \externalfigure[width=1mm]
> > but for \reuseMPgraphic. Something like
> > \reuseMPgraphic[width=1mm]{my-mp-drawing}
> >
> \scale[width=1mm]{\reuseMPgraphic{my-mp-drawing}}
> > There is always the way of tracking the generated file and including it
> > with exernalfigure, but this is not very convenient since the numbering
> > is subject to change.
> >
> > Is there an easy way to achieve rescaling of such Metapost figures?

Yes, works very well.
Exactly what I was needing.

Many thanks,
Olivier