* itemize and vertical spacing
@ 2006-04-26 10:40 Olivier
From: Olivier @ 2006-04-26 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

To put vertical space in an itemized construction is easy via

\startitemize[inbetween={\blank[30pt]}]
\item first
% a 30pt vertical space will be inserted here
\item second
% a 30pt vertical space will be inserted here
\item third
% a 30pt vertical space will be inserted here
\item fourth
\stopitemize

But, now assume I want to typeset the list in two columns:
\startitemize[inbetween={\blank[30pt]}]
\item first
\item second
\item third
\item fourth
\stopitemize

the vertical space is discarded, whereas I would like to get the
following result
\startitemize[inbetween={\blank[30pt]}]
\item first
\item second
% a 30pt vertical space will be inserted here
\item third
\item fourth
\stopitemize

Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks,
Olivier

* Re: itemize and vertical spacing
@ 2006-04-26 11:12 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-04-26 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Olivier wrote:

> Is there a way to achieve this?

There is probably a nicer solution, but this works:

\startitemize[inbetween={\blank[30pt]\hrule height 0pt}]

Cheers, taco

* Re: itemize and vertical spacing
@ 2006-04-26 11:39   ` Olivier
From: Olivier @ 2006-04-26 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Taco,

Quoting  "Taco Hoekwater" :
> -- was taco@elvenkind.com on Apr 26, 2006 at 01:12:20 --

> Olivier wrote:
> >
> > Is there a way to achieve this?
>
> There is probably a nicer solution, but this works:
>
> \startitemize[inbetween={\blank[30pt]\hrule height 0pt}]

I forgot to emphasize that the issue is with two columns mode.
Hence,

\startitemize[columns,inbetween={\blank[30pt]\hrule height 0pt}]

indeed put vertical space between items, so that then, there are no
columns anymore :)

@ 2006-04-26 12:09     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-04-26 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Olivier wrote:
> Hi Taco,
>
> Quoting  "Taco Hoekwater" :
>
>>-- was taco@elvenkind.com on Apr 26, 2006 at 01:12:20 --
>

>>Olivier wrote:
>>
>>>Is there a way to achieve this?
>>
>>There is probably a nicer solution, but this works:
>>
>>\startitemize[inbetween={\blank[30pt]\hrule height 0pt}]

> indeed put vertical space between items, so that then, there are no
> columns anymore :)

Ah. I had:

   \startcolumns
   \startitemize[inbetween={\blank[30pt]\hrule height 0pt}]
   ..
   \stopitemize
   \stopcolumns

This should do the trick:

   \startitemize[columns,unpacked][inbetween={\blank[30pt]}]

Cheers, Taco

* Re: itemize and vertical spacing
@ 2006-04-26 12:17       ` Olivier
From: Olivier @ 2006-04-26 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Olivier wrote:
> > Hi Taco,
> >
> > Quoting  "Taco Hoekwater" :
> >
> >>-- was taco@elvenkind.com on Apr 26, 2006 at 01:12:20 --

> >>There is probably a nicer solution, but this works:
> >>
> >>\startitemize[inbetween={\blank[30pt]\hrule height 0pt}]
>
>   >
> > indeed put vertical space between items, so that then, there are no
> > columns anymore :)
>
> Ah. I had:
>
>    \startcolumns
>    \startitemize[inbetween={\blank[30pt]\hrule height 0pt}]
>    ..
>    \stopitemize
>    \stopcolumns

Well, I must confess it works perfectly this way :)

Thanks a lot,
Olivier