* Cranky booklet layout.
@ 2006-04-26  1:02 John R. Culleton
From: John R. Culleton @ 2006-04-26  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

First I built a letter-on-tabloid booklet like this:

\definepapersize[tabloid][width=11in,height=17in]
\setuppapersize[letter][tabloid]
\setuparranging[2UP,rotated,doublesided]
\setuplayout[width=7in,location=doublesided,backspace=0.73in,
topspace=.0in,height=10.3in]

This worked pretty well. For the next iteration I wanted to
reduce the size by one half, in other words a half letter sheet
on a letter sheet. I came up with this:

\definepapersize[halff][width 5.5in,height=8.5in]
\definepapersize[ful][width 8.5in,height=11in]
\setuppapersize[halff][ful]
\setuparranging[2UP,rotated,doublesided]

Now no amount of fiddling with \setuplayout parameters seems to
place the logical pages correctly on the paper. If I use no such parameters
whatever the entire physical page image seem to slide toward the
bottom of the piece of paper. As a result the bottom logical page
slides halfway off the page.

Can anyone spot an obvious goof?

John Culleton

--
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers: