* Dropped caps and line length
@ 2006-05-26 13:49 jeffdod
From: jeffdod @ 2006-05-26 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am using dropped caps in my document, and I have noticed an occasional problem related to them. The problem is that in paragraphs that have dropped caps, an occasional line will run off into the right-hand margin instead of being hyphenated or wrapped around to the next line.
I have to confess that I modified the DroppedString in supp-fun.tex (where \DroppedCaps is defined) to add the digits 0 through 9 so that I could have numbers as dropped caps. I thought at first that this might have caused the problem. However, I switched back to an original installation of ConTeXt and found that the problem occurred there too.
This is especially pronounced with certain fonts.
I also tried using the lettrine module to perform the dropped caps, but saw the same effect there.
I will add also that I am using the t-ancientgreek module, and the text in question is polytonic Greek.
Thanks in advance for any help offered. I am new to ConTeXt so if my questions are trivial, please pardon!
Jeff Dodson

Call Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere in the World - FREE!
Free Internet calling from NetZero Voice
Visit http://www.netzerovoice.com today!