* Newbie question: Linebreak after number in figure caption?
@ 2006-08-22 18:11 william s
From: william s @ 2006-08-22 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I would like to have Figure captions that look like this (centered, a newline
between the number and the description):

                  Figure 1
        The description of the figure

For now I put the linebreak manually in each caption text as you can see
below.

Putting the linebreak inside the style parameter indeed works, but the result
is that "Figure 1" is left-aligned, even though the figure description is
centered.

I'm using a rather old version of ConTeXt and teTeX, but I have reproduced
this behavior on the ConTeXt live page.

I'm probably missing something really obvious, so can anyone suggest a better
way of doing this?

Thanks,

William

%% Doesn't work as expected
% \setupcaptions[align=middle,width=\makeupwidth,headstyle=bold,style={\\\bf}]
\setupcaptions[align=middle,width=\makeupwidth,headstyle=bold,style=bold]
\starttext
\reservefigure
[height=4cm,width=10cm,frame=on][here][fig:reservation]
{\\ An example of a reservation.} % I'm forced to put a linebreak in manually
\stoptext

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-08-22 18:11 UTC | newest]