Hello Hans, I'm still wondering why there are certain formats hardcoded in your scripts and how the "make all formats" feature does (not work). See scripts/ruby/base/tex.rb: Lines 131-137: Here are a few languages predefined which texexec "knows". If I want to add a format for another language, I have to add a new line here. Line 339: Here are the "default" TeX formats defined. No problem to consider something as default ;-), but the point is that "texexec --make --all" actually does "make all DEFAULT formats", NOT "make all AVAILABLE formats". :-( Anyway, the main problem I see is altering of a script which comes with the ConTeXt distribution - the changes made into this scripts must be done again and again after each update. My suggestion is: 1. To put the format definition into a separate file (like user.rb or so) which won't be owerwritten in any case. [Note: cont-usr.tex is a good analogy to this] 2. "Make all" should make ALL the defined ConTeXt formats, not the default ones. Thanks, Richard