* TABLE moves to the right with new ConTeXt
@ 2006-12-01 20:40 Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2006-12-01 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

with the latest ConTeXt, it seems, that space around \bTR, \eTR, before
\bTD and after \eTD matters. Such space seems to move the whole TABLE to
the right:

\def\XXX#1{\bTR\bTD#1\eTD\eTR}
\starttext
\centerline{\bTABLE\dorecurse{2}{\XXX{bla}}\eTABLE}
\centerline{\bTABLE\dorecurse{2}{\XXX{bla}
}\eTABLE}
\centerline{\bTABLE\dorecurse{20}{\XXX{bla} % Why does this space matter here?
}\eTABLE}
\stoptext

Is this behaviour normal and wanted?

Cheers, Peter

P.S.: What about http://context.literatesolutions.com/collector/ ?

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: TABLE moves to the right with new ConTeXt
@ 2006-12-02  9:31 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2006-12-02  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 21:40:34 +0100 (CET)
Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> wrote:

Hi Peter

> Hello,
>
> with the latest ConTeXt, it seems, that space around \bTR, \eTR, before
> \bTD and after \eTD matters. Such space seems to move the whole TABLE to
> the right:
>
> \def\XXX#1{\bTR\bTD#1\eTD\eTR}

Right, there was no problem with latest stable version from august.

I can't find the problematic code in the source, but workarround for
you, that works.

\def\XXX#1{\bTR\bTD#1\eTD\eTR\ignorespaces} works as expected.

> \starttext
> \centerline{\bTABLE\dorecurse{2}{\XXX{bla}}\eTABLE}
> \centerline{\bTABLE\dorecurse{2}{\XXX{bla}
> }\eTABLE}
> \centerline{\bTABLE\dorecurse{20}{\XXX{bla} % Why does this space matter here?
> }\eTABLE}
> \stoptext
>
> Is this behaviour normal and wanted?
>
> Cheers, Peter
>

> P.S.: What about http://context.literatesolutions.com/collector/ ?
>
> --
> http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

Wolfgang

* context bugs and feature requests
@ 2006-12-05  7:58 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-12-05  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Peter,

Peter Münster wrote:

> P.S.: What about http://context.literatesolutions.com/collector/ ?

Sorry, a bit of a delayed reply on this one. Michael Guravage was
switching providers a while back, so he asked us whether or not to
keep the collector running.

After quite a bit of deliberation, we advised him not to. There are
two main reasons behind that advice: One: Hans and I hardly have time
to keep track of the collector ourselves and it was not very good at
warning us automatically. Two: It made much sense to keep the bugs
as close to the tests as possible, so the contexttest project at
https://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contexttest/ is actually a better
place for tracking info.

At that point in time, I should have

   1. warned the contexttest people
   2. turned on the tracking facilities for contexttest
   3. copied what was worth saving from the collector
   4. updated the wiki page
   5. announced the change to the list

Unfortunately, I forgot to do any of those things. :-/

I just took care of items 2. and 4. while typing this in, 1. and 5. are
implied in this mail message, but 3. is unfortunately beyond saving.

Best,
Taco

* Re: context bugs and feature requests
@ 2006-12-05 20:11   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2006-12-05 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>    3. copied what was worth saving from the collector
>
> I just took care of items 2. and 4. while typing this in, 1. and 5. are
> implied in this mail message, but 3. is unfortunately beyond saving.

Hello Taco,

I'll look into my proxy-cache and copy the open issues.

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/