* utility file
@ 2006-11-28 20:57 Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini
From: Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini @ 2006-11-28 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo!

I wrote a little booklet with

\setuppapersize[A5][A5]

and
\starttext
\completecontent\page[right]
\stoptext

All goes right. But if I arrange the pages with

\setuppapersize[A5][A4,landscape]
\setuparranging[2UP]

insteed, the table of content is empty!

I got in the log:

(e:\context\tex\texmf-local/tex/context/base/pdfr-ec.tex)
(./anne2.tuo
system          : no utility data is loaded

and some lines later:

system          : use a valid utilityfile

In the .tui I found

c \thisissectionseparator{-}
c \thisisutilityversion{2006.09.21}
c \thisisbytesequence{ÃEUR}
c \utilitygenerationaborted
q {quit}

My version:

ConTeXt  ver: 2006.09.26 13:04 MK II  fmt: 2006.9.26  int:
english/english

What I am missing?

Wolfgang

* Re: utility file
@ 2006-11-28 21:08 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-11-28 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> I wrote a little booklet with
>
> \setuppapersize[A5][A5]
>
> and
> \starttext
> \completecontent\page[right]
> \stoptext
>
> All goes right. But if I arrange the pages with
>
> \setuppapersize[A5][A4,landscape]
> \setuparranging[2UP]
>
> insteed, the table of content is empty!
>
> I got in the log:
>
> (e:\context\tex\texmf-local/tex/context/base/pdfr-ec.tex)
> (./anne2.tuo
> system          : no utility data is loaded
>
> and some lines later:
>
> system          : use a valid utilityfile
>
> In the .tui I found
>
> c \thisissectionseparator{-}
> c \thisisutilityversion{2006.09.21}
> c \thisisbytesequence{�EUR}
> c \utilitygenerationaborted
> q {quit}
>
> My version:
>
> ConTeXt  ver: 2006.09.26 13:04 MK II  fmt: 2006.9.26  int:
> english/english
>
> What I am missing?

you need to make sure that only one run takes place and no utility file
is processed

--arrange

normally will handle this for you

Hans

* Re: utility file
@ 2006-11-29 11:35   ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2006-11-29 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Nov 28, 2006, at 10:08 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> you need to make sure that only one run takes place and no utility
> file
> is processed
>
> --arrange
>
> normally will handle this for you
>
> Hans

Hans,

can you elaborate on this? Some days ago, I had a problem which I
suspect had the same cause. I had prepared a bibliography for one of
my classes with Taco's module; it typset beautifully. To save paper,
I wanted to typeset two A5 pages on one A4 landscape page and used

\setuparranging[2*2,rotated]

After compiling, the bibliography was gone! I was in a hurry, so I
simply undid the arranging and reverted to real cut-and-paste, but
utility files seem like the obvious culprit.

Best

Thomas

* Re: utility file
@ 2006-12-05 17:40     ` John R. Culleton
From: John R. Culleton @ 2006-12-05 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday 29 November 2006 06:35, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> On Nov 28, 2006, at 10:08 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> > you need to make sure that only one run takes place and no utility
> > file
> > is processed
> >
> > --arrange
> >
> > normally will handle this for you
> >
> > Hans
>
> Hans,
>
> can you elaborate on this? Some days ago, I had a problem which I
> suspect had the same cause. I had prepared a bibliography for one of
> my classes with Taco's module; it typset beautifully. To save paper,
> I wanted to typeset two A5 pages on one A4 landscape page and used
>
> \setuparranging[2*2,rotated]
>
> After compiling, the bibliography was gone! I was in a hurry, so I
> simply undid the arranging and reverted to real cut-and-paste, but
> utility files seem like the obvious culprit.
>
> Best
>
> Thomas

I don't understand the disease but I know the cure.  I use two (or more)
internal modes thus:
--------------------------------------
\startmode[pruf]
\definepapersize[halff][width=5.0in,height=8.5in]
\setuppapersize[halff][letter]
\stopmode
\startmode[hal]
\definepapersize[halff][width=5.5in,height=8.5in]
\definepapersize[ful][width=8.5in,height=11in]
\setuppapersize[halff][ful]
\setuparranging[2UP,rotated,doublesided]
\stopmode
I run with  --mode=pruf
until  things come out right.
Then I run just one time with
--mode=hal --arrange

The earlier runs create the TOC etc. and the last run arranges the pages (and
also destroys the work files) But the TOC has already been added before the
"file-icide" takes effect.
--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting