* Re: pagenumber in header line.-SOLVED
@ 2007-01-30 16:13 John R. Culleton
From: John R. Culleton @ 2007-01-30 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

>4                                                            ROBERT S. CABLE

>but what I want is the two components in the middle thus:
>                        4 ROBERT S. CABLE

>If I insert \hfil etc. the pagenumbering gets replaced with the word
>
>"pagenumber".

>Solution?

I received a few solutions that didn't work for me.  Thanks to those who wrote
me. But a little plain TeX trickery did it nicely as follows:

\setupheadertexts[text]
[][\CapStretch{INVESTING ON AUTOPILOT}\kern 1em\number\pageno\hfil]
[\number\pageno\kern 1em \CapStretch{ROBERT S. CABLE}\hfil][]

Since a centered header with page number included is a recurring requirement
perhaps this should go in the wiki. Or perhaps not :<)

--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting

* Re: pagenumber in header line.-SOLVED
@ 2007-01-31  8:55 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-01-31  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I received a few solutions that didn't work for me.  Thanks to those who wrote
> me. But a little plain TeX trickery did it nicely as follows:

> \setupheadertexts[text]
> [][\CapStretch{INVESTING ON AUTOPILOT}\kern 1em\number\pageno\hfil]
> [\number\pageno\kern 1em \CapStretch{ROBERT S. CABLE}\hfil][]
hmm, I prefear
 \setupheadertexts[text]%
[]%
[{\CapStretch{INVESTING ON AUTOPILOT}\kern 1em\number\pageno\hfil}]%
[{\number\pageno\kern 1em \CapStretch{ROBERT S. CABLE}\hfil}]%
[]%
%%%
or an "ascii-visual" code
 \setupheadertexts[text]%
[][{\CapStretch{INVESTING ON AUTOPILOT}\kern 1em\number\pageno\hfil}]%
[{\number\pageno\kern 1em \CapStretch{ROBERT S. CABLE}\hfil}][]%
%%%
I believe that with '{...}'  things are more robusts
(btw I don't see many differences from my '2 cents' )

> Since a centered header with page number included is a recurring requirement
> perhaps this should go in the wiki. Or perhaps not :<)

hmm, did you seen
wiki.contextgarden.net/Headers_and_Footers

luigi