* Bolding the words "Figure 2-1"
@ 2007-02-14 13:11 John R. Culleton
From: John R. Culleton @ 2007-02-14 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

I too am stuck in specification hell. The specifier is ovenamored of
stretching text and the like. I worked through that with the TeX/LaTeX macro
soul.sty.

 My immediate problem is with putting the
caption of a table in a different font.  Currently I have:
\setupcaptions[location=top,headstyle=bold,style=bold]

\placefigure[here][tab:comp]{Comparison of Corporate and
Government Bond Portfolios} {
etc.
Currently I get the caption in bold but the string "Figure 2-1" is not in
bold.

A second problem:
The designer asks for
--------------------------------
Figure 2-1
Comparison of Corporate etc.
--------------------------------
but I get:
-------------------------------
Figure 2-1 Comparison of Corporate etc.
--------------------------------

I can avoid \placefigure and hand code each caption of course but that
deprives me of the ability to float the figures.

Unfortunately they brought in the designer after I had already started work
(and cashed the deposit check.)

The first difficulty (typeface) is IMO the most critical.
--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting

* Re: Bolding the words "Figure 2-1"
@ 2007-02-14 14:40 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2007-02-14 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2/14/07, John R. Culleton <john@wexfordpress.com> wrote:
> I too am stuck in specification hell. The specifier is ovenamored of
> stretching text and the like. I worked through that with the TeX/LaTeX macro
> soul.sty.
>
>  My immediate problem is with putting the
> caption of a table in a different font.  Currently I have:
> \setupcaptions[location=top,headstyle=bold,style=bold]
>
> \placefigure[here][tab:comp]{Comparison of Corporate and
> Government Bond Portfolios} {
> etc.
> Currently I get the caption in bold but the string "Figure 2-1" is not in
> bold.

On the garden it works OK.

Also if you want to use a really different font, there should be no
problem saying
   \setupcaptions[headstyle={\definedfont[your-special-font]}]

Mojca

* Re: Bolding the words "Figure 2-1"
@ 2007-02-14 15:14 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-02-14 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:11:37 -0500
"John R. Culleton" <john@wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> I too am stuck in specification hell. The specifier is ovenamored of
> stretching text and the like. I worked through that with the TeX/LaTeX macro
> soul.sty.
>
>  My immediate problem is with putting the
> caption of a table in a different font.  Currently I have:
> \setupcaptions[location=top,headstyle=bold,style=bold]
>
> \placefigure[here][tab:comp]{Comparison of Corporate and
> Government Bond Portfolios} {
> etc.
> Currently I get the caption in bold but the string "Figure 2-1" is not in
> bold.

Hi John,

the floattext is written by default in bold style, please look if you
changed it somewhere in your document by \setupcation[style=...] or
\setupcaption[figure][style=...]

> A second problem:
> The designer asks for
> --------------------------------
> Figure 2-1
> Comparison of Corporate etc.
> --------------------------------
> but I get:
> -------------------------------
> Figure 2-1 Comparison of Corporate etc.
>
> I can avoid \placefigure and hand code each caption of course but that
> deprives me of the ability to float the figures.

\setupcaptions
  [location=top,
   spaceinbetween=0pt, % <-- your friend
   style=bold,