* Suppressing printing of chapter head.
@ 2007-02-14 13:21 John R. Culleton
From: John R. Culleton @ 2007-02-14 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I have a specification for a chapter head that is so complex I have little
hope of modifying the Context head within any reasonable time frame. But I
still prefer to use the Context chapter head for TOC, numbering of figures
and the like. So I decided to hand code the head but still use \chapter  for
these other purposes.  Here is my current workaround:
\setuphead[chapter][command=\white,header=nomarking]
I still have to use \noheaderandfooterlines as well for some reason.
Just FYI.

--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting

* Re: Suppressing printing of chapter head.
@ 2007-02-14 18:48 JOHN CULLETON
From: JOHN CULLETON @ 2007-02-14 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Wednesday 14 February 2007 10:14, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> [location=top,
>    spaceinbetween=0pt, % <-- your friend
>    style=bold,
>    width=max]

That works as far as the bolding is concerned. Many thanks. But the
"Figure 2-1"
and the
"Comparison of Corporate and Government
Bond Portfolios"
are still in run-in style like this:

Figure 2.1 Comparison of Corporate and Government
Bond Portfolios

I can maybe talk the customer out of that detail but if I can do it it would
be nice.

Another solution to bolding was proposed by Mojca but I decided to go with
yours. Thanks to both.

For those who were curious about the complexity of the heading I will post a pdf to
http://wexfordpress.com/tex/headertest.pdf
..and a source file fragment here:
-----------------------------------
\noheaderandfooterlines
\tf
\chapter{Investing for Income}
\noheaderandfooterlines
\null\vskip -1in
\noindent {\baselineskip
15bp \nimbul\kern -3pt {\zb{``It's a funny thing about life; if
you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get
it.''}}{\nimbus ~~---\kern 5bp \zb{Somerset Maugham}}

\centerline{\vrule height .25bp width 4.25in} \vskip 3.050in
\switchtobodyfont[MySabon,12bp]
\rm
{\it Chapter 2} \vskip .4in
\baselineskip 30bp
\leftline{\nimbux{\zc{Investing for Income,}}}
\leftline{\nimbux{\zc{Safely and Effectively}}} \parindent
.3125in \baselineskip 15bp \indenting[next]
\vskip 15pt
\rm
----------------------------
This is quite ugly but it works. \nimbux etc. are fonts and \zc etc. are
macros using soul.sty.

--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting
Satisfaction guaranteed.
http://wexfordpress.com

Need personalized email and website? Look no further. It's easy
with Doteasy $0 Web Hosting! Learn more at www.doteasy.com

* Re: Suppressing printing of chapter head.
@ 2007-02-15 14:20 JOHN CULLETON
From: JOHN CULLETON @ 2007-02-15 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Schuster <schuster.wolfgang, Wolfgang

I am having difficulty sending email to the list. The correct file name is
http://wexfordpress.com/tex/headtest.pdf

Sorry about that.

John C.

Need personalized email and website? Look no further. It's easy
with Doteasy $0 Web Hosting! Learn more at www.doteasy.com