* figure occupies space into next page
@ 2007-03-11 13:29 Gerhard Kugler
From: Gerhard Kugler @ 2007-03-11 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

my first try to send was not successful, so I repeat:

I have set a figure at left side. It approaches the botton of the
page. The first line of the next page starts at the mid as if the rest
of the figure would be there:

-----------------------
-----------------------

-------------automatic page break----------------

                          text text text text text
 text text text text text text text text text text
 text text text text text text text text text text
 text text text text text text text text text text

How can I prevent this behavior?

My command is simply:

\placefigure [left][fig:gub3]{Das
Relationsnetzwerk}{\externalfigure[gub3][width=0.45\textwidth]}

Gerhard

--
Gerhard Kugler
Psychotherapeut

* Re: figure occupies space into next page
@ 2007-03-11 16:30   ` Gerhard Kugler
From: Gerhard Kugler @ 2007-03-11 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 01:04:25PM +0100, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Does the figure itself fit on the page, or does it stick out on
> the bottom? If it does not fit, you have to insert a
>    \page[preference] (or perhaps even the stronger \page)
> before the paragraph. If it does fit, the problem could
> be caused by whitespace at the bottom of the image.

It fits. And there is enough space für the caption which fits also.

Gerhard

--

@ 2007-03-11 12:04 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-03-11 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Gerhard,

> I have set a figure at left side. It approaches the botton of the
> page. The first line of the next page starts at the mid as if the rest
> of the figure would be there:
>
> -----------------------
> |                     |   text text text text text
> |  figure             |   text text text text text
> |                     |   text text text text text
> |                     |   text text text text text
> |                     |   text text text text text
> -----------------------
>
> -------------automatic page break----------------
>
>                           text text text text text
>  text text text text text text text text text text
>  text text text text text text text text text text
>  text text text text text text text text text text
>
> How can I prevent this behavior?

Does the figure itself fit on the page, or does it stick out on
the bottom? If it does not fit, you have to insert a
   \page[preference] (or perhaps even the stronger \page)
before the paragraph. If it does fit, the problem could
be caused by whitespace at the bottom of the image.

Cheers, Taco

* figure occupies space into next page
@ 2007-03-11  9:43 Gerhard Kugler
From: Gerhard Kugler @ 2007-03-11  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)