On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 23:13:22 -0400 "Hamid Kamrani" wrote: > At least in the U.S., it is the rule and a strict requirement to > typeset vertical lists in such a way that the numerals align on the > dot or parenthesis following the numeral. > > (even the daily violation of the rule by some of the most widely used > word processors such as MS Word has not changed this old-aged > convention.) > > I feel it must be possible in ConTeXt to do this because it is such a > basic requirement and ConTeXt is used professionally. However, it's > not the default behavior and I don't know which options will achieve > it. > > (And if by any chance, this is not yet possible in ConTeXt, can anyone > suggest a workaround for this, in ConTeXt of course. > > It is the default behavior in both LaTeX and eplain. Hi Hamid, I corrected my last patch and integrated a itemalign key. You can test it with the following example. \input core-itm-patch \starttext \startframedtext[width=\textwidth] \startitemize[n][style=bold] \item As a college student, how do you rate yourself? \startitemize[5,columns,two] \item Excellent student \item Good student \item Mediocre student \item Poor student \stopitemize \stopitemize \stopframedtext \startitemize[n][style=bold] \item As a college student, how do you rate yourself? \startitemize[5, columns, two] \item Excellent student \item Good student \item Mediocre student \item Poor student \stopitemize \stopitemize \startitemize[n,packed,broad][itemalign=left] \dorecurse{10}{\item Item \recurselevel.} \stopitemize \startitemize[n,packed,broad] \dorecurse{10}{\item Item \recurselevel.} \stopitemize \stoptext Wolfgang