* Columns and colour background [urgent]
@ 2007-07-24 12:16 Oliver Buerschaper
From: Oliver Buerschaper @ 2007-07-24 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mailing ConTeXt users list for

Dear folks,

I'm reposting this because I haven't got any answers so far and also
because this is somewhat urgent for me. I need this for a scientific
poster which is due rather soon ... Please share your valuable advice
with me :-)

Oliver

Consider this:

---

\setupcolors
	[state=start]

\setupcolumns
	[background=color,
	 backgroundcolor=red]

\starttext

\startcolumns[n=2]
\dorecurse{4}{\input tufte}
\stopcolumns

\framed[background=color,backgroundcolor=red]{Test}

\stoptext

---

Shouldn't the background of my columns be painted red? According to
the manual \setupcolumns inherits from \setupframed which does work ...

* Re: Columns and colour background [urgent]
@ 2007-07-24 13:51 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-07-24 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oliver Buerschaper wrote:
> Dear folks,
>
> I'm reposting this because I haven't got any answers so far and also
> because this is somewhat urgent for me. I need this for a scientific
> poster which is due rather soon ... Please share your valuable advice
> with me :-)

Try adding option=background to the \setupcolumns. It may not do
precisely what you want though, as the column gap will not be
colored. If you want that, use textbackgrounds instead

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Columns and colour background [urgent]
@ 2007-07-24 16:02   ` Oliver Buerschaper
From: Oliver Buerschaper @ 2007-07-24 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, Taco! That workes even better than I thought ... a column gap
without color is more a feature to me than anything else ;-)

Oliver

P.S. Why's the option=background necessary from an interface point of
view? Doesn't everything else (especially \framed) do without it
happily?

@ 2007-07-25  3:30 ` Saji Njarackalazhikam Hameed
From: Saji Njarackalazhikam Hameed @ 2007-07-25  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oliver,

adding the option=background may help

\setupcolumns[option=background]

saji
..

* Oliver Buerschaper <oliver.buerschaper@mpq.mpg.de> [2007-07-24 14:16:34 +0200]:

> Dear folks,
>
> I'm reposting this because I haven't got any answers so far and also
> because this is somewhat urgent for me. I need this for a scientific
> poster which is due rather soon ... Please share your valuable advice
> with me :-)
>
> Oliver
>

> Consider this:
>
> ---
>
> \setupcolors
> 	[state=start]
>
> \setupcolumns
> 	[background=color,
> 	 backgroundcolor=red]
>

> \starttext
>
> \startcolumns[n=2]
> \dorecurse{4}{\input tufte}
> \stopcolumns
>
> \framed[background=color,backgroundcolor=red]{Test}
>
> \stoptext
>
> ---
>
> Shouldn't the background of my columns be painted red? According to
> the manual \setupcolumns inherits from \setupframed which does work ...

Saji N. Hameed

APEC Climate Center          				+82 51 668 7470
National Pension Corporation Busan Building 12F
Yeonsan 2-dong, Yeonje-gu, BUSAN 611705			saji@apcc21.net
KOREA