Hi Wim, Quoting WN : > I tried the new code you send me, and of course I did a quick test. > But when doing a texmfstart texexec --autopdf --pdf testalignfontnew.tex > texexec hangs ''forever'' while trying to process the \section{} command. > Actually its pdftex trying to do something. > > To make sure I did not make a edit mistake, I copied my old test code into > the file testalignfontnew.tex and run a diff to see where the > difference with the new code > are. > > Looking at the code (and I am not a Tex expert, and forgive me, when > I ask a dumb question) > I don't see where the \scratchcounter itself is defined ? Must surely > be a global Context counter ? Yes. \scratchcounter is defined in syst-gen (IIRC). So are a bunch of other temporary variables. > Attached the new test code. > Hope it helps the debugging process and thanks for all your help sofar. I can not really check the font stuff, since I do not have txfonts and rsfs on this machine. But the matrix alignment appears to be working fine. I am attaching the test for just the matrix alignment. When I get home, I will try to see what goes wrong when you add other fonts. Aditya