From: zs <stryhal@sci.ujep.cz>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: font file size
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 10:14:07 +0200	[thread overview]

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 07:49:17 +0200
"luigi scarso" <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Is there any limit for size of font?
> no.
> Can you write down your steps for installation, so I can reproduce the
> problem on my box?

1)   mkdir /usr/local/context && cp justtex.zip linuxtex.zip /usr/local/context
2)   cd  /usr/local/context && unzip justtex.zip && unzip linuxtex.zip
3)   add line to "setuptex" (TMP=~./context_tmp)
4)   cd ./tex && sh setuptex
5)   set PATH variable to have this on first place: /usr/local/context/tex/texmf-linux/bin
6)   mktexlsr&& luatools --generate && texmfstart texexec --make --all --luatex
7)   export TEXMFCACHE='/tmp' && export TEXMFCNF='/usr/local/context/tex/texmf-local/web2c' && export
TEXMF='{/usr/local/context/tex/texmf,/usr/local/context/tex/texmf-local,/usr/local/context/tex/texmf-linux,/usr/local/context/tex/texmf-fonts,/usr/local/context/tex/texmf-extra}'
8)   copy latin modern fonts from lm.zip to /usr/local/context/tex/texmf-local/fonts/
9)   luatools --generate && luatools --ini --compile --verbose cont-en

file "experiment.tex":
% file start
\starttext

Hello world!

Krásně–žluťoučký kůň. % utf8 test

\stoptext
% file end

make pdf:
texmfstart texexec --luatex experiment.tex
...works fine

Let's play with fonts, file "experiment.tex":
% file start
\starttypescript [sans] [franklin]

\definefontsynonym [DejaVuSanss]            [name:djva] [features=default]
\definefontsynonym [DejaVuSans-Bold]        [name:djva] [features=default]
\definefontsynonym [DejaVuSans-Oblique]     [name:djva] [features=default]
\definefontsynonym [DejaVuSans-BoldOblique] [name:djva] [features=default]

\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [sans] [franklin]

     \definefontsynonym [Sans]            [DejaVuSanss]            [features=default]
     \definefontsynonym [SansItalic]      [DejaVuSans-Oblique]     [features=default]
     \definefontsynonym [SansBold]        [DejaVuSans-Bold]        [features=default]
     \definefontsynonym [SansBoldItalic]  [DejaVuSans-BoldOblique] [features=default]
     \definefontsynonym [SansSlanted]     [DejaVuSans-Oblique]     [features=default]
     \definefontsynonym [SansBoldSlanted] [DejaVuSans-BoldOblique] [features=default]
     \definefontsynonym [SansCaps]        [DejaVuSanss]            [features=smallcaps]

\stoptypescript

\definetypeface[franklin][rm][serif][modern][default]
\definetypeface[franklin][ss][sans][franklin][default]
\definetypeface[franklin][tt][mono][modern]  [default][rscale=1.12]
\definetypeface[franklin][mm][math][iwona]   [default][rscale=1.02]

\setupbodyfont[franklin,ss,10pt]

\starttext

Hello world!

Krásně–žluťoučký kůň.

\stoptext
% file end

Before processing above source, copy font files from dejavu collection
(http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dejavu/dejavu-ttf-2.19.tar.bz2?download)

cp
DejaVuSerif.ttf /usr/local/context/tex/texmf-local/fonts/truetype/public/dejavu/djva.ttf
mktexlsr && luatools --generate
texmfstart texexec --luatex experiment.tex
... works fine

This doesn't work:
cp DejaVuSans.ttf /usr/local/context/tex/texmf-local/fonts/truetype/public/dejavu/djvb.ttf

Change font name in experiment.tex from djva to djvb.
mktexlsr && luatools --generate
texmfstart texexec --luatex experiment.tex
... gives nothing - no error, no pdf