* MKIV, hz, hanging punctuation
@ 2007-08-27 22:24 David Wooten
       [not found] ` <46D3C504.6020901@wxs.nl>
From: David Wooten @ 2007-08-27 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greetings all,

Can someone say when typographic "extras" like hz & hanging
punctuation will be available in LuaTeX/MKIV for OpenType fonts? ---
or are they already available? I thought I'd read a comment on this
from Hans, but cannot for the life of me find it.

Best,
David

* Re: MKIV, hz, hanging punctuation
@ 2007-08-27 23:35 ` Arthur Reutenauer
       [not found] ` <46D3C504.6020901@wxs.nl>
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2007-08-27 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I thought I'd read a comment on this  from Hans, but cannot for the
> life of me find it.

  Hans to the list on Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:55:40 +0200:

----

	All spacing related features, except hz and protruding are / will be
	removed from luatex; keep in mind that in pdftex they're also
	experimental, far from perfect etc ...

----

		Arthur

@ 2007-08-29 18:00   ` David Wooten
From: David Wooten @ 2007-08-29 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Aug. 27, 2007, at Aug 27, 11:47 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> David Wooten wrote:
>> Greetings all,
>>
>> Can someone say when typographic "extras" like hz & hanging
>> punctuation will be available in LuaTeX/MKIV for OpenType fonts? ---
>> or are they already available? I thought I'd read a comment on this
>> from Hans, but cannot for the life of me find it.
>
> the pdftex hz code is there and should work to some extend but i
> didn't
> test it; hz needs a clean up (esp all the font related codes,
> global in
> pdftex)
>
> Hans

Hmm, okay. How would one call hz & protrusion with mkiv? Something
like this? (My experiments have produced no good results).

\starttypescript 			[sans] [minion]
	\definefontsynonym 	[MinionPro]   [name:MinionPro-Regular]
[features=default,handling=quality]
\stoptypescript

... othertypescript stuff ...

\setupalign		  		[hz,hanging]

@ 2007-08-29 21:35     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-08-29 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Wooten wrote:
> On Aug. 27, 2007, at Aug 27, 11:47 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> David Wooten wrote:
>>> Greetings all,
>>>
>>> Can someone say when typographic "extras" like hz & hanging
>>> punctuation will be available in LuaTeX/MKIV for OpenType fonts? ---
>>> or are they already available? I thought I'd read a comment on this
>>> from Hans, but cannot for the life of me find it.
>> the pdftex hz code is there and should work to some extend but i
>> didn't
>> test it; hz needs a clean up (esp all the font related codes,
>> global in
>> pdftex)
>>
>> Hans
>
> Hmm, okay. How would one call hz & protrusion with mkiv? Something
> like this? (My experiments have produced no good results).
>
> \starttypescript 			[sans] [minion]
> 	\definefontsynonym 	[MinionPro]   [name:MinionPro-Regular]
> [features=default,handling=quality]
> \stoptypescript
>
> .... othertypescript stuff ...
>
> \setupalign		  		[hz,hanging]

i didn't test hz with luatex; i will look into it when we are dealing
with that (esp the font related tables) because that info will be
organized differently

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2007-08-29 21:43       ` David Wooten
From: David Wooten @ 2007-08-29 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>> the pdftex hz code is there and should work to some extend but i
>>> didn't test it; hz needs a clean up (esp all the font related codes,
>>> global in pdftex)
>>
>> Hmm, okay. How would one call hz & protrusion with mkiv? Something
>> like this? (My experiments have produced no good results).
>>
>> \starttypescript 			[sans] [minion]
>> 	\definefontsynonym 	[MinionPro]   [name:MinionPro-Regular]
>> [features=default,handling=quality]
>> \stoptypescript
>>
>> .... othertypescript stuff ...
>>
>> \setupalign		  		[hz,hanging]
>
> i didn't test hz with luatex; i will look into it when we are dealing
> with that (esp the font related tables) because that info will be
> organized differently

Great, thanks for the info.

Best,
David