* Background colour of included PDF images
@ 2007-09-01 12:49 Kumar Appaiah
From: Kumar Appaiah @ 2007-09-01 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear ConTeXt users,

I am making a presentation using ConTeXt, and wish to use some plain
images. I am running into some trouble, especially with the background
colour of the image, which I wish to force. Here is some information:

1. I make the image using Dia, and export it.
2. I include the EPS directly, and Acrobat doesn't like it.
3. I epstopdf the images, they come otu well, except that they are
   transparent and the images with black text and lines looks bad on
   my dark background presentation.

I partially worked around the problem by using background=screen in my
\useexternalfigure calls. However, I have a combination image, where
the second image comes without the white filled background.

Could you please tell me a way to force the background colour of my
images to white? I really don't want to convert it to PNG or
something, since PNG doesn't look nice after scaling, does it? :-)

Thanks in advance.

And FYI:

Version: Debian package:
CtxTools | context version: 2007.04.17 12:51 (/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/context.tex)
CtxTools | context version: 2007.04.17 12:51 (/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-new.tex)

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah,
458, Jamuna Hostel,

* Re: Background colour of included PDF images
@ 2007-09-01 13:51 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-09-01 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 18:19:38 +0530
Kumar Appaiah <akumar@ee.iitm.ac.in> wrote:

> Dear ConTeXt users,
>
> I am making a presentation using ConTeXt, and wish to use some plain
> images. I am running into some trouble, especially with the background
> colour of the image, which I wish to force. Here is some information:
>
> 1. I make the image using Dia, and export it.
> 2. I include the EPS directly, and Acrobat doesn't like it.
> 3. I epstopdf the images, they come otu well, except that they are
>    transparent and the images with black text and lines looks bad on
>    my dark background presentation.
>
> I partially worked around the problem by using background=screen in my
> \useexternalfigure calls. However, I have a combination image, where
> the second image comes without the white filled background.
>
> Could you please tell me a way to force the background colour of my
> images to white? I really don't want to convert it to PNG or
> something, since PNG doesn't look nice after scaling, does it? :-)
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hi Kumar,

you are not restricted to a gray background in your figures, you can
also use colors.

\externalfigure[...][background=color,backgroundcolor=white]

Wolfgang

* Re: Background colour of included PDF images
@ 2007-09-01 14:28   ` Kumar Appaiah
From: Kumar Appaiah @ 2007-09-01 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Wolfgang Schuster writes:
> you are not restricted to a gray background in your figures, you can
> also use colors.
>
> \externalfigure[...][background=color,backgroundcolor=white]

I seriously don't know why I didn't try it... it works wonderfully!

Thanks a lot! :-)

Kumar

* Re: Background colour of included PDF images
@ 2007-09-01 15:26     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-09-01 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 14:28:42 +0000 (UTC)
Kumar Appaiah <akumar@ee.iitm.ac.in> wrote:

> Wolfgang Schuster writes:
> > you are not restricted to a gray background in your figures, you can
> > also use colors.
> >
> > \externalfigure[...][background=color,backgroundcolor=white]
>
> I seriously don't know why I didn't try it... it works wonderfully!
>
> Thanks a lot! :-)
>
> Kumar

Hi Kumar,

you can also use background=screen but have to set backgroundscreen too,

\externalfigure[...][background=screen,backgroundscreen=1]

create also a white background.

Greetings

Wolfgang