* context/luatex on amd64
@ 2007-09-04  7:48 zs
From: zs @ 2007-09-04  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

have you working installation of latest context and luatex on
linux/amd64? Drop some info please.

I have no problem with installation on 32bit machine. The same system
(gentoo) on 64bit doesn't generate "cont-en.fmt".
Lua and luatex are installed from source.

Zdenek

* Re: context/luatex on amd64
@ 2007-09-04 11:47 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-09-04 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

zs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> have you working installation of latest context and luatex on
> linux/amd64? Drop some info please.

Soprry, not yet  (I have to reformat a machine)

Taco

* Re: context/luatex on amd64
@ 2007-09-04 20:28   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2007-09-04 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Soprry, not yet  (I have to reformat a machine)

In the meantime, you could just replace the executable with the i586
version:
http://foundry.supelec.fr/frs/download.php/513/luatex-beta-0.10.2-linux-i586.tar.bz2

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: context/luatex on amd64
@ 2007-09-05  0:20 ` Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2007-09-05  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

> have you working installation of latest context and luatex on
> linux/amd64? Drop some info please.

  contextgarden.net runs on AMD64. It always has the latest version of
ConTeXt, and a recent luatex (beta-0.11.0 as I speak). Everything is
compiled from source.

> I have no problem with installation on 32bit machine. The same system
> (gentoo) on 64bit doesn't generate "cont-en.fmt".

  The garden uses Debian. And file tells me the luatex binary is
actually 32-bit, although I wonder how this can be possible.

  What is your error message exactly?

	Arthur

* Re: context/luatex on amd64
@ 2007-09-05  6:01   ` zs
From: zs @ 2007-09-05  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

>   The garden uses Debian. And file tells me the luatex binary is
> actually 32-bit, although I wonder how this can be possible.

Problem is on 64bit gentoo. On a 32bit (at home) it works.

>   What is your error message exactly?

Commands

luatools --ini --compile --verbose cont-en

and

texmfstart texexec --make --all --luatex

do not produce error message at all.

But

texmfstart texexec --luatex something.tex

ends with:

This is luaTeX, Version 3.141592-beta-0.11.0-2007082309 (Web2C 7.5.6)
luatex: /tmp/luatex-cache/context/2bee42bddafb2afd5c3c1eaea23baaa5/formats/cont-en.fmt:
No such file or directory LuaTools | running command: luatex
--fmt="/tmp/luatex-cache/context/2bee42bddafb2afd5c3c1eaea23baaa5/formats/cont-en"
--lua="/tmp/luatex-cache/context/2bee42bddafb2afd5c3c1eaea23baaa5/formats/cont-en.luc"
"something.tex"

* Re: context/luatex on amd64
@ 2007-09-05  6:27     ` zs
From: zs @ 2007-09-05  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 22:28:03 +0200 (CEST)
Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> wrote:

> In the meantime, you could just replace the executable with the i586

I've tried precompiled binaries. They either do not run at all or behave identically.

ZS

* Re: context/luatex on amd64
@ 2007-09-05  7:51       ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2007-09-05  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007, zs wrote:

> > In the meantime, you could just replace the executable with the i586
>
> I've tried precompiled binaries. They either do not run at all or behave
> identically.

You mean, format generation does not work with i586 binary neither?

Strange, then it seems that you encounter another problem than the
"luatex Segmentation fault" mentioned 3 weeks ago here on this list...

No problem here (also linux-amd64) with default installation from
http://pmrb.free.fr/texlive/ and replacement of luatex binary afterwards.

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: context/luatex on amd64
@ 2007-09-05 15:25     ` Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2007-09-05 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

> texmfstart texexec --make --all --luatex
>
> do not produce error message at all.

  This does not indicate that all the format files have been compiled.
Are there where luatools looks for them?
(/tmp/luatex-cache/context/2bee42bddafb2afd5c3c1eaea23baaa5/formats/cont-en.fmt)
If not, can you send the exact output of texexec --luatex --make --all (maybe by
private mail)? If yes, this is extremely weird.

	Arthur

* Re: context/luatex on amd64
@ 2007-09-05 16:53       ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-09-05 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
>> texmfstart texexec --make --all --luatex
>>
>> do not produce error message at all.
>
>   This does not indicate that all the format files have been compiled.
> Are there where luatools looks for them?
> (/tmp/luatex-cache/context/2bee42bddafb2afd5c3c1eaea23baaa5/formats/cont-en.fmt)
> If not, can you send the exact output of texexec --luatex --make --all (maybe by
> private mail)? If yes, this is extremely weird.

There was a bug in the binary that crashed the executable depending on
the memory load location, so it is no sutprise that different machines
gave different results. The current SVN trunk should have a fixed the
problem.

Best wishes,
Taco