* Problems getting luatools to work
@ 2007-09-12 17:29 The Wizard
From: The Wizard @ 2007-09-12 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

* Re: Problems getting luatools to work
@ 2007-09-12 17:47 ` Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2007-09-12 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

>                                                         However, I can not
>    get it to generate the format file:
>
>    luatools --generate luatools --ini --compile --verbose cont-en
>    This is luaTeX, Version 3.141592-beta-0.10.2-2007090506 (Web2C 7.5.6)
>    I can't find the format file `luatex.fmt'!
>
>    What am I missing here?

  Obviously this command line (which looks quite strange to me) does
not compile the format; it tries to run ConTeXt Mark IV directly. It
seems that you have concatenated two legitimate command lines ;-) Try:

	luatools --generate
	luatools --ini --compile --verbose cont-en

>    Do I need to set some environment variables for lua? Or for ConTeXT?

  Yes, quite a bit, for ConTeXt above all; as a minimum, TEXMFCNF and TEXMF.
Otherwise you can have a look at Hans' setuptex in the minimal
distributions: linuxtex.zip, macosxtex.zip, etc. setuptex is a shell script,
so all you have to do is source it (and forget about the other
executables in the zip file since you can't use them anyway).

	Arthur

* Re: Problems getting luatools to work
@ 2007-09-12 17:53   ` The Wizard
From: The Wizard @ 2007-09-12 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: Problems getting luatools to work
@ 2007-09-12 18:22     ` Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2007-09-12 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

>    Well, I got that line straight from Taco's example on the garden for
>    setting up MarkIV

  It's a typo (look at the literal \start ... \stoptyping that surrounds
it -- well, surrounded, since I have fixed it).

>    So there is still something missing, I will look at the setuptex files.

  Yes, I know this one; this is definitely an environment problem and
setuptex should help you.

	Arthur