* \framed alignment in natural tables
@ 2007-09-14 18:27 Olivier
From: Olivier @ 2007-09-14 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXT

Hi all,

Is this normal behavior to have the framed text in

\bTABLE
\bTR \bTD[width=4cm,align=middle] \framed[width=2cm]{test} \eTD \eTR
\eTABLE

not aligned?

If yes, what is a natural way to center the framed text in the cell?

Thanks,
Olivier

* Re: \framed alignment in natural tables
@ 2007-09-15  7:49 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-09-15  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 20:27:52 +0200
Olivier <billet@eurecom.fr> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is this normal behavior to have the framed text in
>
> \bTABLE
> \bTR \bTD[width=4cm,align=middle] \framed[width=2cm]{test} \eTD \eTR
> \eTABLE
>
> not aligned?
>
> If yes, what is a natural way to center the framed text in the cell?

\bTABLE
\bTR \bTD[width=4cm,align=middle] \dontleavehmode\framed[width=2cm]
{test} \eTD\eTR \eTABLE

Wolfgang

* Re: \framed alignment in natural tables
@ 2007-09-15 10:26   ` Olivier
From: Olivier @ 2007-09-15 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Quoting  "Wolfgang Schuster" :
> -- was schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com on Sep 15, 2007 at 09:49:41AM --

> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 20:27:52 +0200
> Olivier <billet@eurecom.fr> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Is this normal behavior to have the framed text in
> >
> > \bTABLE
> > \bTR \bTD[width=4cm,align=middle] \framed[width=2cm]{test} \eTD \eTR
> > \eTABLE
> >
> > not aligned?
> >
> > If yes, what is a natural way to center the framed text in the cell?
>
> \bTABLE
> \bTR \bTD[width=4cm,align=middle] \dontleavehmode\framed[width=2cm]
> {test} \eTD\eTR \eTABLE

Many thanks Wolfgang! That's what I was waiting for.

I always thought of \framed as an \hbox.
Is it actually implemented as a vbox? Or does it depends on the situation?

Cheers,

@ 2007-09-15 15:10     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-09-15 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 12:26:01 +0200
Olivier <billet@eurecom.fr> wrote:

> Quoting  "Wolfgang Schuster" :
> > -- was schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com on Sep 15, 2007 at 09:49:41AM --
>
> > On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 20:27:52 +0200
> > Olivier <billet@eurecom.fr> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Is this normal behavior to have the framed text in
> > >
> > > \bTABLE
> > > \bTR \bTD[width=4cm,align=middle] \framed[width=2cm]{test} \eTD \eTR
> > > \eTABLE
> > >
> > > not aligned?
> > >
> > > If yes, what is a natural way to center the framed text in the cell?
> >
> > \bTABLE
> > \bTR \bTD[width=4cm,align=middle] \dontleavehmode\framed[width=2cm]
> > {test} \eTD\eTR \eTABLE
>
> Many thanks Wolfgang! That's what I was waiting for.
>
> I always thought of \framed as an \hbox.
> Is it actually implemented as a vbox? Or does it depends on the situation?

I think it bevavious by default like a \hbox and with with or height
values like a \vbox.

Wolfgang

* Re: \framed alignment in natural tables
@ 2007-09-15 16:45     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-09-15 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Olivier wrote:
> Quoting  "Wolfgang Schuster" :
>> -- was schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com on Sep 15, 2007 at 09:49:41AM --
>
>> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 20:27:52 +0200
>> Olivier <billet@eurecom.fr> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Is this normal behavior to have the framed text in
>>>
>>> \bTABLE
>>> \bTR \bTD[width=4cm,align=middle] \framed[width=2cm]{test} \eTD \eTR
>>> \eTABLE
>>>
>>> not aligned?
>>>
>>> If yes, what is a natural way to center the framed text in the cell?
>> \bTABLE
>> \bTR \bTD[width=4cm,align=middle] \dontleavehmode\framed[width=2cm]
>> {test} \eTD\eTR \eTABLE
>
> Many thanks Wolfgang! That's what I was waiting for.
>
> I always thought of \framed as an \hbox.
> Is it actually implemented as a vbox? Or does it depends on the situation?

framed defaults to an hbox unless align is set; in TABLE's align is set
so there it defaults to a vbox

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE