* Spacing between formula and texts
@ 2007-09-19 15:30 Zhichu Chen
From: Zhichu Chen @ 2007-09-19 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

I happened to review the output of my article and found one thing which is
not perfect for me. The spacing between a formula and its upper texts is not
treated well when I tuned with some indent things. Here is my test file
\usemodule[units]

\setupindenting[big]
\indenting[always,next]
% no, not, yes, always, never, first, next

% \setupformulas[spacebefore=5em]

\starttext

Blah,
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
I love the following formula:
\placeformula[-]
  \startformula
    6.670 \times 10^{-11} \Newton \Times \Square \Meter \Per \Square \Kilo
\Gram
  \stopformula
which is very cool.
which is very cool.
which is very cool.
which is very cool.
which is very cool.

% \showmathcharacters

\stoptext

I'm really uncomfortable with that, and I want to solve it by myself. When I
looked up the indent macros in core-spa.tex, how complex is that. So I just
hope you guys could help me.

--
Best Regards
Chen

          Zhi-chu Chen | Shanghai Synchrotron Radiation Facility
         No. 2019 | Jialuo Rd. | Jiading | Shanghai | P.R. China
             tel: 086 21 5955 3405 | zhichu.chen.googlepages.com
                                               | www.sinap.ac.cn

* Re: Spacing between formula and texts
@ 2007-09-19 17:44 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-09-19 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 23:30:26 +0800
"Zhichu Chen" <zhichu.chen@gmail.com> wrote:

> \usemodule[units]
>
> \setupindenting[big]
> \indenting[always,next]
> % no, not, yes, always, never, first, next
>
> % \setupformulas[spacebefore=5em]
>
> \starttext
>
> Blah,
> blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
> blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
> blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
> blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
> I love the following formula:
> \placeformula[-]
>   \startformula
>     6.670 \times 10^{-11} \Newton \Times \Square \Meter \Per \Square \Kilo
> \Gram
>   \stopformula
> which is very cool.
> which is very cool.
> which is very cool.
> which is very cool.
> which is very cool.
>
> % \showmathcharacters
>
> \stoptext

Hi Chen,

I can't give a real solution but only a workaround, the problem lies in
the macro \beforedisplayspace which calls \docomplexdoblank which calls
itself \presetindentation and this macro causes your real problem.

You solve this now by placing \let\presetindentation\relax at the begin
in your document or remove the next key for \setupindenting.

This is all what I can do for you in a few minutes, the rest is up to
Hans to make a extra test in \beforedisplay or somewhere else to
disable \preetindentation before a display formula.

Wolfgang

* Re: Spacing between formula and texts
@ 2007-09-19 19:04   ` Zhichu Chen
From: Zhichu Chen @ 2007-09-19 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)